Why become a member? ×

* SOLD * Please remove FS 3/4 Double Bass by Michael Poller, Bucharest, Romania
£650

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Offered for sale is my lovely ¾ double bass made by Michael Poller in Bucharest, Romania. [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000]It is approximately 45 years old and has developed the lovely patina and deep amber colour only ageing can bring.[/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000]These instruments are highly regarded due to their playability and superb construction and produce a clear and resonant response especially on the bottom F unlike many of the cheaply produced ‘instruments’ from the Far East.[/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Overall, the bass is in good condition but shows signs of wear normally associated with a well played instrument. [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000]I have tried to show in the photographs as far as possible dings, dents and scratches which in no way affect the playability or appearance of the bass.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]The top is solid spruce and back and sides are laminated and the tuning machines work perfectly. [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000]The bass is currently equipped with Pirastro strings and the end pin has a rubber cap to prevent damage to floors. [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000]It comes complete with a fitted case with wheels, free of charge.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]I would welcome interested parties to come and audition the bass prior to any purchase commitment. [/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000]I can be contacted directly on 07719998792 to answer any questions and to arrange viewings.[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by berniesheahan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...