Why become a member? ×

Envelope filter with a reverse sweep?

lukeward2004

Anyone know of any?

I have a robotalk filter that sounds awesome but I quite like the sound of a reverse sweep, imagine a kind of "ow" type sound without the typical "mwah" you get from a filter. Something like the old muttons used to do but not costing a zillion £££.

Oh, and preferably one that doesn't suck the life out of your low end.

Go!

The downsweep on the old big box Q Tron is as close as you can get to a Mu Tron downsweep without spending big bucks. Though I'm not sure what the new version Q Tron's are like. The Enigma Q Balls can also cop that sound and more with a little tweaking. The Mu-fx Micro Tron III is also out 1st August and that could be the one to beat if you are willing to splash out a bit more.

Edited by Bo0tsy

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't want to spend a lot of cash keep your current filter and add a used EHX Bassballs to the collection. Used without the OD it puts out a decent down sweep sound. If you want a one solution pedal i can't say enough good things about 3Leaf, i've had them all and still prefer my MK1 3Leaf Groove Regulator, sounds amazing!

• 2 weeks later...