Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Jake - Jazz (Precision with Jazz pickups) *** SOLD ***
£800

mcnach

EDIT: it seems some people are having trouble displaying the embedded pictures, so I've added a bunch of links on post #27 so that you can download/display all the photographs.

EDIT: [color=#ff0000][b]Reduced to [/b][/color][size=5][color=#000080][b]£700[/b][/color][/size]

A couple of costly surprises mean that I could use some extra cash, and this bass, nice as it is, is just not getting enough attention (I simply seem to be drawn mostly to Stingray and Precision basses), so it's a prime candidate to be sold.

I ordered it at the end of last year and it's been with me since the end of January. I have mostly just used it at home, and only played a couple of gigs with it. It's been looked after and it's in excellent condition. It's very light, yet it balances perfectly.[b] EDIT:[/b] [b]weight is 7.8lbs according to my luggage scales.[/b]

The body is ash, chambered to be light weight, with a matt reddish purple finish that allows you to see (and feel) the grain.

The neck is maple, with a tinted glossy lacquer finish. It has typical Precision dimensions (42mm wide at the nut, 21mm deep at 1st fret). It was my attempt to have a bass that feels like a Precision but sounds like a Jazz, as I don't get along with the thin Jazz necks. I mean, I can use them, but I much prefer a Precision.
There are 3mm black dot side markers, but no markers on the top of the fingerboard. I like it better this way and the side dots are very visible under low light conditions, which is all I need.

The pickups are alnico single coil Hausell JJ 60s. They are really sweet pickups. I like them a lot. I wanted something that sounded like a classic Jazz and these were recommended by Adrian, and he was right. Lovely sound. They are positioned at the correct place for a 60s type Jazz.

The controls are just like on a standard passive Jazz: two volume controls, and a master tone control.

All hardware is black, the bridge is 19mm spacing and allows you top loading for fast string changes.
The pickguard still has its protective plastic sheet on, so it'll be completely immaculate.

It came with Schaller straplocks that I replaced. I will include those.
It also came with a very nice wide, padded, leather strap worth around 30-40 euros, which will also be included, together with the relevant paperwork and certificate etc that Adrian includes with their basses.
There's also a Maruszczyk branded padded gigbag, of course.

While I'm looking for cash, mostly, I could be tempted by a combination of a decent cheaper 5-string plus cash my way. I've been thinking of getting a 5-string recently... and it would be about the only thing that might tempt me to do a part-trade. I prefer wide string spacing and maple fingerboards, I am partial to Stingray style basses despite their narrower spacing, but I also liked the Yamaha TRBX505 I tried recently with twin humbuckers and rosewood fingerboard... so, who knows!

[color=#0000ff][b]Any suggestions for trade or any kind of offers, please PM me, as by the rules of this forum they're not allowed on the main thread and may otherwise be removed by a mod before I even get to see them.[/b][/color]

Here's some pictures... feel free to ask for any further details you wish.

Edited by mcnach

Got some of those [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hausell JJ pickups in an active/passive 5-er. Agreed on their greatness![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]GLWTS[/font][/color]

You guys are not making it any easier for me talking about how nice it looks, and the pickups, etc... :lol:

I'm away from tomorrow morning for three days playing ska and reggae and sleeping who knows where, so I may not get back to respond to any PMs until Monday, but I will respond as soon as I get back. :)

[quote name='FHB' timestamp='1500592096' post='3339030']
Can't seem to see the pictures!
[/quote]

They're there :huh:
I reduced them to be around 300Kb each, so they should load pretty easily on... anything. They're hosted on dropbox so I wonder if there was a temporary issue with them?
I'll be back on Monday, if you keep having trouble PM me and I'll either send you links or the images directly to your email or something. :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='JaketheB' timestamp='1503137092' post='3355932']
If this had a jazz neck... :(

Lovely looking bass. From what I've heard Hausell pickups are great.
[/quote]

The pickups are really good, very happy with the sound.
As for the neck... there's nothing I can do about it ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1503595026' post='3359555']

I can see them... and I keep coming back to check! ;)
[/quote]

Can't see them on either my iPad or iPhone - might be an iOS thing? Just a heads up for the OP.