Why become a member? ×

Tech21 prototype dUg pre-amp pedal.

Painy

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Wolverinebass said:

Pity the manual isn't uploaded yet.

Agree, this pedal looks very nice, would just like to read up a bit more on it, but am hoping that the eq and Chunk feature can bring in enough hi-mid harmonics for me. This really could be that all in one pedal that I covet so badly.

Both of those are interesting but you can straight convert those prices to £ and add a bit. Take the Tech 21 q-strip as an example - $250 on Sweetwater in the USA. £320 in the UK. Won't buy any new Tech 21 products while that's the case, and US outlets aren't permitted to ship to the UK. 

31 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Yep I agree, but at least it’s not $350 starter.

I have no affiliation or particular affinity, but to be fair to Tech21 it’s the same for all products.

A $20k car in the states is a £20k+ car here despite being exactly the same

I don't accept that at all, and neither should anyone else. The Q-strip is £143 more expensive here than in the states. Let that sink in for a minute because 250 and 320 look pretty close until you actually do the conversion. £143...

Edited by Bigwan

Don’t get me wrong I am with you on that, and have done the maths numerous times and am exasperated by it.

I’ve bought from across the water when the buy price plus shipping and taxes was cheaper than in the UK, both first and second hand.

The big thing that irked me was the dUg amp not having a universal voltage, on an ampnthat expensive that is naughty.

However if the dUg Pedal is universal voltage, well that can slip into hand luggage...

2 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Unlikely...

Possibly. But there is only so much that people will take. Darkglass have pushed the boat out with their pedals about as far as it will go. When you get to more than £350 for a pedal, it'd better have midi controlled presets. Otherwise it's just a stompbox. That's all. Say "stompbox" and "£400" in the same sentence and there is the answer. 

According to currency converter this morning, $289 is £203. So, appreciated that there's shipping and whatnot, are we all now going to take bets on what we think the markup for the Dug pedal will be? Previously, Tech21 said they had no control over prices, so if that's true, it's down to Rocky Road.

If like the amp which is $1879 (£1318) in the States and £2550 here, then the price of the pedal here will be £405 if you apply the same markup. Surely they're not mental enough to try that? Surely?!!

See my post above regarding the real terms price disparity of the Q-strip... Maybe it's a special case along with the amps - although I think the amp pricing basically says "we don't want to sell these outside the US".