Why become a member? ×

Diane Birch with Daryl Hall.

bubinga5

This is absolutely one of my favourite LADH episodes ever! I regularly go back and watch the whole episode again and again.

If you watch the whole episode she does some faux saxophone with her voice,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoYkG3EUwc&index=4&list=RDH9lyrOETXao.

The album she was promo-ing was Bible Belt ( produced by Betty Wright no less) which is terrific, later stuff not so much......

A few years ago I went to see Stevie Wonder in Hyde Park and DB was on the supporting bill in another tent. One of my big regrets was that I missed her that day...like the time I went to Disney in Florida with the kids and saw posters up for The Aaron Neville Band, from the day before!!

Fabulous stuff. Daryl's house is a great show. The format is so cool.

Slightly OT but my favourite Daryl's House is this one with Cheap Trick
http://youtu.be/wsa3DUnWPPk
The opening song, Hello There just hits you.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1500627826' post='3339174']
Not bad for almost 71.

Edit - cos I can't add up!
[/quote] even so......... Lovely bloke. "I cant go for that " with the guy on the vocoda thingy is one of my favs from this series

Just listen to the video you posted of I can't go for that. The vocals are chock-full of pitch correction artefacts.

I suppose it's a bit peevish, but I can't genuinely enjoy live performances if there's that kind of tinkering going on. To me it sort of goes against what makes performing live music worthwhile.

Edit: I'm sorry, I suppose there was really no need for me to bring it up. I enjoyed the video with Diane Birch. The additional posts just reminded me of how I felt about the show in general.

Edited by Danuman

^^^^
Mostly on it, sometimes just under it, occasionally just above it, a couple of times straining to get near it - All very natural to me (both of them).
I suppose we all hear and enjoy tunes in a different way.
:)

Another one here from the series. I love how DH seems to bring out the best in the other singers.

[media]http://youtu.be/9Zz1r7qEQck[/media]

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='Danuman' timestamp='1500644228' post='3339342']
Just listen to the video you posted of I can't go for that. The vocals are chock-full of pitch correction artefacts.

I suppose it's a bit peevish, but I can't genuinely enjoy live performances if there's that kind of tinkering going on. To me it sort of goes against what makes performing live music worthwhile.

Edit: I'm sorry, I suppose there was really no need for me to bring it up. I enjoyed the video with Diane Birch. The additional posts just reminded me of how I felt about the show in general.
[/quote]I think your asking for perfect pitch in a situation where they are playing live. Ive seen Stevie Wonder live, where he doesnt hit the right note. I overlook it. But yes i hear it. Do i care, not really. Thats the great thing about humans making music. Its human.

If i want perfect, i will listen to a computer. :)

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1500651522' post='3339416']
I think your asking for perfect pitch in a situation where they are playing live. Ive seen Stevie Wonder live, where he doesnt hit the right note. I overlook it. But yes i hear it. Do i care, not really. Thats the great thing about humans making music. Its human.

If i want perfect, i will listen to a computer. :)
[/quote]

Maybe I wasn't clear, but that is exactly my point! I'd much rather hear the occasional bum note than listen to mechanically 'cleaned up' vocals.