Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Tarman1977

buzzardian

Bought a stringray fretless from Tarman1977

I like the instrument I have received.
The instrument was safely packed shipped quickly from Ireland to Germany.
The overall condition of the insturment and a repair of the headstock was properly described.

Unfortunately the instrument has 2 extra holes in the neck pocket which made me overly suspicious and I posted this here:

[i]"it was supposed to be a pre-eb 1979 model but it turned out that a possibly pre-eb neck was attached to a probably 87 EB body.

while the transaction itself was very smooth - the actual item was not as described (pre-eb) and left me with a potential loss of a couple of hundred quid.

I have to say though that I have not contacted Tarman1977 about it so he had no chance to amend and I could have asked in advance for some pics of a disassembled instrument.

However: not cool"[/i]

Tarman1977 convinced me that he did not leave out infos or gave wrong infos according to his knowledge and that my assumption was wrong that a pre-eb neck has been attached to a 87 body.

I am not happy about the extra holes but otherwise fine. As the instrument's headstock has been repaired anyway it is not a big deal regarding the value of the bass I think.

I should have really asked about pics of a disassembled instrument in advance which would have revealed any oddities and avoided potential misunderstandings.

Tony did his best to clarify the situation and I hope that my previous post has no negative effect on his activities here.

Edited by buzzardian