Why become a member? ×

Jazz pickups for active 70's style Jazz but less treble

BassAgent

[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Soooo I have this amazing Blade:[/font][/font][/color]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And I replaced the pickups with Nordstrand NJ4's and the preamp with an Aguilar OBP-1 preamp (with boost only) and it sounds great, has this really nice Marcus Miller kinda vibe (partly because of the 70's pickup placing). The only thing is: this bass has so. much. treble. I haven't touched the treble pot because everything I add is waaaaay too much. It might be because of the particularly light ash body but this is the brightest bass I've ever played.[/font][/font][/color]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I want to replace the pickups to tame the brightness a bit, but don't know which to choose. I want to match well with the preamp and have a considerable amount of *oomph* but less bright than the NJ4's. Not that they're bright, but still I want 'em less.[/font][/font][/color]