Why become a member? ×

July Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

Often enough I can prepare the winner's Certificate slightly in advance; this evening it doesn't look as if that's going to be the case. Sorry, then, folks, if there's a shortish delay between the stroke of midnight and the presentation to the winner(s...). :blush: [i]Sigh..! [/i]

Edited by Dad3353

[center][b][size=8]Gong..![/size][/b][/center]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]And the winners are...[/size][/font]

[left][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#222222][size=4]Dad3353, Lowdown and Mornats..!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2014/post-11876-0-59270200-1406229226.gif"][attachment=250324:BC_Chal_Cert_2017_07.pdf]

[color=#222222][size=4]... which look like this (but bigger, of course..!)…

[/size][/color][/url][/size][/color][/size][/font][/left]

Edited by Dad3353

Another 'fight to the finish', with another host of top tunes and songs, across a wide spectrum of interpretations. Good Stuff, everyone.
As joint winner, I should like to take this opportunity to thank all those who voted for my piece, and also my Manager, Bob (Stand up, Bob; let the folks see what you look like...), my agents, Carver and Pileup, plus, of course, my doting family who have supported me, in many senses of the word, throughout this long and laborious ordeal. I'll end by thanking someone unable to be with us this evening, but without whom I'd not be here: my parents. Thank you; thank you all. Now, on with the ceremony... :thank_you:

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, may I gratefully defer choice of picture to my illustrious colleagues, whose taste would be certainly preferable (and I've nothing prepared, of course...). Have at it, you two, and send Skol a cracker for the august August Challenge ASAP, please. Yes, I've got that itch again; an itch that only the BC Challenge can scratch..!
Thank you, thank you all; you're wonderful. B)

Thanks for the votes :) I wasn't sure that I'd actually get an entry in let alone be one of the joint winners!

I won't be able to look for an image until I get home from work later today so if lowdown gets one in before then I'll go with that. (Hint: I want to use my Doom array!)

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1501583826' post='3345642']
Picture sent. Not quite Doom, more 'Boom Bang A Bang',
You see, all the rage at the moment.
:D
[/quote]

I fear the worst... :unsure:

(... but he'll do 'Doom' just the same; just you wait and see... :lol: :P )

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1501592649' post='3345730']
I fear the worst... :unsure:

(... but he'll do 'Doom' just the same; just you wait and see... :lol: :P )
[/quote]

Yes, that worried me too, so my original picture has now been replaced (hopefully).
I feared my original picture of the current, saturated 'Dunkirk' theme, would not have survived another 'Array of Doom' battering on the beaches.
:D

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](... but he'll do 'Doom' just the same; just you wait and see... [/size][/font][/color] :lol:[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color] :P[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] )[/size][/font][/color]