Why become a member? ×

RH750 for electro-acoustic?

scrumpymike

One of my bands is folk-ish/folk-rock/world original material (7-piece btw so not 'chamber music!) and I'm getting an electro-acoustic bass for use on some of our numbers. I've bought a pedal to switch between that and my solid electric and am looking at an RH750 because 1) it will allow me to switch between different memorised settings for each bass and 2) it should work well in my covers band too. Anybody had experience of using an RH750 (or anything else) in this way?

Edited by scrumpymike

Another shout could be a Phil Jones Suitcase. 300w 4x5" combo that has 2 inputs with separate volume and EQ settings

PJB gear is used by upright and electric players so should do the job perfectly for electro acoustic too.

I saw Bass Direct have a used Suitcase right now for £500, of course this might not be quite what you're looking for

I had a RH450 for a couple of years, and yeah, the presets are very useful - I used it when I needed a range of sounds for the function band, and it worked well. Still the best feature set of any of the amps out there (built-in tuner, compressor, etc, etc). The footswitch rounds it off (floor tuner display, presets, mute, etc)

Guest gazzatriumph

I use my RH 750 pre sets to switch between pick and fingers using the footswitch, very useful, I'm sure I've read than an upright bass player was using the RH 450, I'm very pleased with my amp running through the RS 210 and easy to transport.