Why become a member? ×

New strings for Dano Long Horn Bass

Tim Chapple

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#1D2129]I'm looking to replace the strings on my Korean longhorn, I can't remember what strings Dano put on them from new? I'd like as much or maybe more twang.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#1D2129]I like the tension and gauge of the original strings, and flats are not an option, as I've got my Mustang set up with flats already.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#1D2129]I was concerned about getting them through the small tuner peg[/color][/font][/size]

[color=#1D2129][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]I'm guessing they are 40-90 [/size][/font][/color][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][color="#1d2129"][size=5]gauge strings.[/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='Tim Chapple' timestamp='1500986917' post='3341490']
[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#1D2129]I'm looking to replace the strings on my Korean longhorn, I can't remember what strings Dano put on them from new? I'd like as much or maybe more twang.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#1D2129]I like the tension and gauge of the original strings, and flats are not an option, as I've got my Mustang set up with flats already.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#1D2129]I was concerned about getting them through the small tuner peg[/color][/font][/size]

[color=#1D2129][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]I'm guessing they are 40-90 [/size][/font][/color][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#1d2129][size=5]gauge strings.[/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]

I could be wrong, but aren't they Dano's own strings? (rebranded or otherwise) - Maybe ping the Uk distributor a call.

I used to use D'Addario strings designed specifically for the Danelectro Baritone guitar - just the heaviest four (E-G) obviously. Very light but lots of twang and super-easy to play. They were fairly easy to find on ebay. Love Dano Longhorns - proper pop star bass

I really like the LaBella 'danelectro' stainless steel flats I have on my longhorn - as they are specifically for danos, they're exactly the right length and the smaller ball-ends work perfectly with the bridge. They're also long-lasting - I've had the same set for over 10 years, so they were a lot cheaper than the current cost when I bought them.

These ones:
http://shop.labella.com/c/bass_specialty-sets_danelectro