Why become a member? ×

Couple of live (well recorded) JoCee vids

Sibob

Played at Hideaway this past weekend for the time, lots of fun.
Here's a couple of tunes from that night, particularly happy with my Lakland 55-01 tone, US Bart dual-coils & NTMB pre, through a mic'd Markbass combo:

Ain't Your Mama:
https://youtu.be/1mQr_DVja9E

Mistress:
https://youtu.be/seQrjfG8sHY

Definitely need headphones or decent speakers for this.

Si

Great Stuff, Si; well recorded, indeed, but equally well performed by all. Every member looks as if they're thoroughly enjoying themselves and the whole show, very tasteful songs, tastefully arranged and expertly executed. Of course, one has more 'leeway' with a 9-piece (the bv's add so much, as does the horn section...), but it's wonderful when it all comes together for all. Great bass tone, too; well, great tone from all, and the perfect front man (..?) for the role. Congratulations to all, including the sound and lights team; thanks for sharing. A Quality Show.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1501233670' post='3343434']
Thanks guys. I knew the 55-01 sounded good out of my amp, and plays brilliantly, but this recorded tone was genuinely very pleasing for me to hear!

Si
[/quote]
To me it sounded very deep but with a bite to it (which I enjoy very much). Suits well in that genre.