Why become a member? ×

Divorce - You Have Been Warned

Happy Jack

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1501074314' post='3342271']
If she's stolen them and given them away to deserving, promising young violinists I could forgive her. But destruction is beyond the pale. :(
[/quote]

I couldn't condone robbery with violins...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1501085372' post='3342394']
Nothing worse than a woman scorned...

Now everybody down to the florist and get your wife a bunch of flowers so that she doesn't think about doing this to your collections...
[/quote]

Argh no! She'll get suspicious and hold your collection to ransom 'till she squeezes the truth out of you. Unexpected flowers = guilty conscience!

Annoys me that when women do stuff to ex husbands / lovers, it's because it was she was
'upset or angry' and is often viewed sympathetically by others, somehow justifying
the destruction. Think clothes ripped, wine given away to strangers etc etc.
Whereas if a man did anything similar he would be locked up straight away
- funny old world ain't it?

Edited by casapete

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1501074314' post='3342271']
If she's stolen them and given them away to deserving, promising young violinists I could forgive her. But destruction is beyond the pale. :(
[/quote]
This, absolutely. I don't care if she was provoked or if her husband actually deserved punishing. This is just mindless vandalism.

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1501098366' post='3342549']
Annoys me that when women do stuff to ex husbands / lovers, it's because it was she was
'upset or angry' and is often viewed sympathetically by others, somehow justifying
the destruction. Think clothes ripped, wine given away to strangers etc etc.
Whereas if a man did anything similar he would be locked up straight away
- funny old world ain't it?
[/quote]

In fairness, the article does say the woman has been arrested.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1501098648' post='3342556']
If it was the destructions of Violas, everyone would have been having a good laugh.**
:D
[/quote]

As a former orchestral operative I salute you sir :)

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1501157491' post='3342907']
Arrested doesn't mean convicted and jailed for wanton destruction and criminal damge, though i hope thats how it ends up
[/quote]

'Arrested' as there's (presumably...) a presumption of guilt; the conviction and eventual jail may follow on from a court case, where all the salient facts are brought forward, and a 'guilty' verdict found. It' a bit presumptuous to anticipate this; there may be other explanations. (Not saying that there are, but we know nothing more than that simple, succinct news story...).
Just sayin'.

I know a guy who was playing away....I met him after this, but I can't say I blame the actions below....

Wife walked out on him, due to his infidelity...but a short time later let herself back in to the house to grab his newly purchased Gibson Les Paul, a white custom shop. His dream guitar.

Needless to say, she took it and apprantly pretty much have it away, on purpose.

Wife 1, cheating husband, 0.

Yeah. John Wayne Bobbitt was rumoured to have found the missing piece, so to speak, when he heard a frog by the roadside going [i]"mmm Bobbitt! mmm Bobbitt!"[/i]

He stopped at the side of the road, made the frog regurgitate and got back what he thought he'd lost forever.

[attachment=250134:JWBobbitt.png]
Ribbitt now ya toerag!

Edited by SpondonBassed