Why become a member? ×

Sennheiser Outlet

CameronJ

Either I've just got myself an amazing deal or I'm about to be sorely disappointed.

As is so often the case with refurbished/b-stock items there can be very little to distinguish them from "new" items. With this in mind I was browsing the Sennheiser online outlet and ended up ordering a set of refurbished Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless headphones. I've been lusting after these cans for a long time, ever since the originals came out a few years ago and I tested them out in Currys. They were already about £100 less than new in the outlet store but just for the hell of it I thought I'd try and find a discount code online. I literally googled "Sennheiser outlet discount code" and managed to find one that looked promising. I applied the code at checkout and was told I had gained an extra £40 off! Madness. Order confirmed. It all seemed a bit too easy to be honest so a part of me is kind of waiting to be disappointed. Delivery was free too :lol:

We shall see. Watch this space!

Hope it all works out well and it is what it says it is.
Do you know this outlet is a proper sennheiser outlet? Oh its the sennheiser.com one? That seems ok.

I love the little senmheiser in ear earphones, but it is hard to get genuine ones on the internet, most are fakes. The fakes are very impressive, even the packaging and everything, you can only really tell the difference if you have both. I might look again as mine are a bit knackered and I need some new ones

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1501190758' post='3343293']
I'm always wary of "free vouchers" as they often coincide with a glut of new junk mail and spam...but then I am a cynical old b4stard.

Hope I'm wrong (it happened once before, I believe).
[/quote]

Ordinarily I'd be just as wary of them as you are. Surprisingly though, not only did the code work but i didn't have to submit my email address or any other details to get it. Winner winner chicken dinner.

It was the official Sennheiser store outlet. As in, I went to the Sennheiser website, navigated to the store and then clicked "outlet". I even did it twice just to make sure.

Side question here - but are these for playing bass through?
I splashed out on some long coveted wireless Senn R185, about £300 at the time. They had very slight but noticeable latency compared to wired phones, was gutted to have to return them..

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1501234785' post='3343446']
Side question here - but are these for playing bass through?
I splashed out on some long coveted wireless Senn R185, about £300 at the time. They had very slight but noticeable latency compared to wired phones, was gutted to have to return them..
[/quote]

Nearly all wireless headphones use Bluetooth for the data transmission, and unfortunately low latency is simply not part of the specification.

It has arrived, direct from Germany:

Well packaged:

The hard case is gorgeous:

And here she is, complete with all accessories:

They may be "refurbished" but they are completely immaculate:

The only sign of use was that the plastic covering for the Safety Guide had been opened!

I currently have them on, playing some Gregory Porter through my iPad whilst typing this. Straight out of the box after turning them on I was checked the battery level and was greeted by a woman with an English accent saying I had between 13-18 hours battery life left. Pretty insane as that's not even full charge!

Sound quality is excellent, as is build quality - these feel like they will last me many many years. I suspect the battery will give up the ghost long before the chassis does. Lovely premium feel to these cans as well with the leather headband and ear cups. Why brings me to their comfort. When I first put these on I was very impressed, they are without doubt the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Those padded ear cups really do the business.

I haven't yet tried them wired but when the wireless sound quality is as good as it is, I have very few doubts that the wired performance will be any less than fantastic.

All in all I'm a very happy bunny! Now I just need to try them out with bass when I get home, can't wait :D

Edited by CameronJ

I bought a pair some 5 months ago (sadly at full price :( ) for on the move iPod listening and love them. They are known for being bass forward but as a bass player, you know that kinda suits me!

I have better sounding headphones for the real wired hi fi stuff, but on the move, would put these bad boys at the top.

I hope you enjoy them.

Yup. Just tried them wired for some music playback and bass practice through my PJB Bighead. All sounded very nice. These seem to go lower more comfortably and more clearly than my in ears which is great as I'm an octave addict! Thumbs up all round.

So I've been using these wirelessly every day on the way to work and back, plus one day I left them on and paired to my phone in my bag for about 5 hours. Bear in mind that I started using them as soon as I got them out of the box without charging them. Well, they FINALLY ran out of battery last night on the way home and I had to recharge them for the first time when I got in. Ridiculously good battery life.