Why become a member? ×

This is right up Blue's street

Les

Copy and paste from a group on my facebook feed,
You can do the time pal and it's on Mathew Street, Get your new band up to speed quick :D

Les

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=inherit][font=inherit][font=inherit][size=4][font=inherit][font=inherit][b][font=inherit]covers bands needed[/font][/b][/font]

[font=inherit][color=#71A830][font=inherit]£1,010,101[/font][/color]
[color=#90949C][font=inherit]Eric's Liverpool[/font][/color][/font][/font]

[font=inherit][font=inherit][font=inherit]Looking for 3 new bands to put in the mix.
I have residencies available 7 nights a week in 3 of the busiest bars on Mathew St Liverpool.[/font]
[font=inherit]This is hard work, solid graft for experienced pro's only.
I require Trio's with minimum two lead vocals. Guitar Bass Drums.
[font=inherit]Must be able to play 4 hour sets with no breaks.
Backline and PA provided.
Songs must be ALL killer NO filler.
Please only get in touch if you have a set with at least 80 songs in it and you know the difference.
I need everything from The Beatles/Chuck Berry/Elvis to Eminem/Bob Marley to Pharrel/Bruno Mars. Right across the board.
No tributes please.
No keys please.
Nothing that takes more than 10 mins to changeover bands.
I already have a strong team of players but I now need more.
Pay is fair, For the right bands this is a golden opportunity.[/font][/font]

[font=inherit][font=inherit]Get in touch, send links/video's etc......but please don't just leave a comment asking what the wages are. This is not an open offer, I will be auditioning the bands and going thru the setlists.
All my guys have worked for me for years, I am dead fair and run the bands directly.
Cheers[/font]
[font=inherit]Ethan Allen[/font][/font][/font][/font][/size][/font][/font][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1501317400' post='3343950']
No offence to any drummers, but that is probably the easier part of the deal. No vocals and no chords/keys to learn. A reasonably compentent drummer with good song knowledge could wing it.
[/quote]

Erm our drummer sings around a quarter of our set and main backing on all songs!

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1501316475' post='3343945']
A drummer I know does it, he gets £100 a night.
[/quote]
I was guessing that he was looking to pay about £100 a musician a night, so it looks like a decent wage but he is desperate for three pieces to keep the price down.

A lot of work for £100, but at least he is being upfront with what he wants...

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1501317699' post='3343955']

[/quote]

He isn't though is he, we only know that because some one here knows some one that does the gig for £100.

At least he is being honest about what he wants though, it is a pro gig really as for me it would be like a full time job which would, A-earn me less money than my regular job and B spoil the enjoyment of playing for me.

And to be fair you're not playing to an adoring crowd...Matthew Street is an experience at the best of times...

Last time I was there it was about 1 in the afternoon on a Saturday. There's a nice little Italian round the corner (facing the Eleanor Rigby statue) - walking through Matthew St was a headache!

£100 a night or not, I wouldn't

I literally couldn't play for a solid 4hrs without a break even when i was younger i don't think i could have.
Have never seen a band play for 4hrs without a break either.
I've done 6 hr rehearsals but you're not gigging it solid for those 6 hrs and we always took a 20min break in middle.
Is this guy living in the dark ages. Do they still send children up chimneys in Liverpool ? <_<

Dave <_<

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1501320486' post='3343976']
I literally couldn't play for a solid 4hrs without a break even when i was younger...
[/quote]

I've mentioned this before; in the bands I was drumming for on arriving in France, mid-'70s, the 'standard' gig was 21h00-02h00, sometimes an hours or so longer, variety dance music, continuous, with no break. All the players could skive off for a number or two during the evening except for the drummer (me..!), who has to assure the beat for the dance floor. I would have trouble doing that these day, but at the time it just gets done, and makes one quite 'economical' in one's efforts. It's not a problem, playing for several hours; one gets very used to it, and it certainly makes for becoming a better player..! B)

In the early 70's I was at a gig in Manorhamilton Sligo Ireland. There were about 9 in the band when it started and this number went up and down during the night. They all played different instruments to give the others a rest or rather access to the bar. One of the guys went home in the early hours to milk the cows and came back later to finish the gig.

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1501292839' post='3343889']
...[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=inherit][font=inherit][font=inherit][size=4][font=inherit][font=inherit][b][font=inherit]covers bands needed[/font][/b][/font]

[font=inherit][color=#71A830][font=inherit]£1,010,101[/font][/color]
[color=#90949C][font=inherit]Eric's Liverpool[/font][/color][/font][/font]...[/size][/font][/font][/font][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

I am certain that figure is nothing to do with what's paid.

I find it interesting that Liverpool is now fostering that work ethic. John, Paul, George, Stuart and Pete had to go to Hamburg for that sort of graft between 1960 and 1962.

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1501317699' post='3343955']
I was guessing that he was looking to pay about £100 a musician a night, so it looks like a decent wage but he is desperate for three pieces to keep the price down.

[/quote]

It would have tepted me when I was younger I think

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1501319676' post='3343970']
And to be fair you're not playing to an adoring crowd...Matthew Street is an experience at the best of times...

[/quote]

True.
The last time I was there the standard of band was very high.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1501323582' post='3344011']
I am certain that figure is nothing to do with what's paid.
[/quote]

No, it's been put on as a sale/wanted post and a price is required to post.

[quote name='Nicko' timestamp='1501322673' post='3344002']
Aside from the 4 hour set I dont understand why he would insist on at least 2 lead vocals i a 3 piece.
[/quote]

Just in case one of them loses their voice.....which is very likely.

I recently did play for 4 hrs, when the band that was booked to come on after us, couldn't make it. Luckily we know a lot of songs and we have 2 vocalists. But we had 15 min breaks between the four 45 min sets we played.

Edited by gjones

Aside from the 4 hour set I dont understand why he would insist on at least 2 lead vocals i a 3 piece.
[/quote]
Two lead vocals make a 4 gig feasible as a single singer is obviously going to struggle for such a long set. I'm guessing he is targeting three pieces for logistical reasons i.e. there is only a small stage / PA and ease of changeover between bands if necessary. Also £100 a man might tempt some people, whilst any less would appear too much work for the money!

Edited by peteb

[/quote]

Dual redundancy in case of colds or sore throats? I think it's good strategy for a three piece to have two lead capable people even if they don't sing lead at the same time. Just a guess.

I wondered about the no keys thing? Is it because of the quick changeover thing or has he something personal against ivory tinklers?

Four hours, no breaks. Well it's not an unamerican thing to do I suppose. If I was younger I'd probably like to see what it's like to do a year's worth in those circumstances. Now however, I'd have to insist on a pee break at least twice in that time as I'd be drinking lots of water to keep up my concentration. Crikey you'd lose weight quickly on that regime.

My brother used to play guitar for bands at the Hammersmith Palais years ago on the revolving stage. There was a disco and a live band back-to-back on this massive turntable. Every half hour the stage would rotate and there would be a change from the live set to the disco. This went on for the duration of the night alternating between the two acts. It was decided to close the venue in January of 2014.

Are there any more venues in the country that have revolving stages in use still? I'd settle for a two hour set broken into half hours for the four hour duration but I'd never get up to four hour gig fitness at my time of life!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1501321068' post='3343981']
I've mentioned this before; in the bands I was drumming for on arriving in France, mid-'70s, the 'standard' gig was 21h00-02h00, sometimes an hours or so longer, variety dance music, continuous, with no break. All the players could skive off for a number or two during the evening except for the drummer (me..!), who has to assure the beat for the dance floor. I would have trouble doing that these day, but at the time it just gets done, and makes one quite 'economical' in one's efforts. It's not a problem, playing for several hours; one gets very used to it, and it certainly makes for becoming a better player..! B)
[/quote]
I had the same experience in Corsica in 1991/2. We ran a Roland Sound Canvas with parts for everyone but the drummer & just punched ourselves in when we needed a piss or a drink. It is surprising how quickly you get comfortable with playing all night. We mostly started around 10-11 pm and finished when the last drunk collapsed. Great money all through the summer. I used to make enough to live off a couple of guitar lessons a week and my summer money. FWIW our drummer was one of the best I eevr played with.

There is absolutely no way I would ever have or would do 4 hours without a break. I've done quite a few 7 hour gigs but there were always breaks.

Apart from having to pee you occasionally have to take on fuel as well and for £100?

Last time I played pubs was 2014 and it was £80 a man for a 3 hour gig with 2 short breaks so realistically I'd be looking for £150ish to make it worthwhile and cover the cost of the incontinence pants so that I didn't have to stop playing :lol:

Singing drummers are quite rare I agree so realistically this £100 gig is going to require a lead singing bassist with at least a two hour solid singing repertoire and another two hours up there sleeve of playing whilst the other singer has a go, backing vocals all night.

On top of all that you can't string it out with some twelve bar blues as it's got to be "all killer no filler", doesn't want much does he? Lol