Why become a member? ×

GuitarGuitar Glasgow bass room

Thunderpaws

[attachment=251166:image1.JPG]

Hi.

Had some time to kill in Glasgow yesterday so popped into GuitarGuitar. Was very pleasantly surprised to go down to their basement room to find it completely given over to bass. They should call it The Bassment.

Very well kitted out with many many top bass specific brands to suit all tastes and wallets. I had a good chat with one of the very helpful staff who said I could try out anything I wanted. Have no spare cash at the moment though and don't like to time waste. I took a cool panoramic photo of the room but don't know how to add it to a message from my phone. Sorted that now!!

Was impressed with the range of amps from mesa, Aguilar, TC Electronic, etc... and basses from Fender, Sandberg, lakland, Roscoe, Musicman, etc, etc...

Wish I had spare money!!!

Edited by Thunderpaws

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Was just looking, but when I saw they had a Steve Harris P bass I wanted to feel the neck. Before you know it I'm playing a £3K custom shop through an Aguilar rig! Nowt like that for giving you GAS!! :lol:

I was up there about a month back and the whole shop is rammed full of gear. Much better than the Newcastle store.

The bass section is quite impressive. Some very fine instruments and high end gear.

You can see the price jumps though. Eye-watering prices for a new Ric or Musicman...

This is really encouraging. I've always been frustrated with the lack of choice for bass players around Glasgow - I don't think I've bought more than an effects pedal from a bricks and mortar shop since I bought an Ibanez ATK from Merchant City Music in 2011. I have spent a few quid online and in London, but I would have preferred to support local businesses in a perfect world.

I contemplated going in to business and opening a bass shop - I don't think there are any north of the border. My mortgage and car payments kept that idea at bay though...

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1501690373' post='3346611']
How can I post a photo of the place here that I have on my mobile? Don't have access to a computer at the moment.
[/quote]

Does your mobile do web stuff..? If so, can you attach the photo as a file to a post here..? I'm not a mobile user, so may be barking up the wrong tree.
Otherwise, you could send the photo by MMS (I think that's what it is...) to me (I'll PM a number if needed...), and [i]I'll[/i] post it.
Hope this helps.

Edited by Dad3353

Guitar Guitar in Glasgow is great though I haven't seen the new bass room since it opened. Got my Sadowsky Metro there though in 2009. Staff are generally pretty friendly and helpful. Frankly though, I have good experiences at most of the shops around Glasgow, whether it was CC Music in the West End or Strung Out Guitars around the corner from Guitar Guitar.

Sound Control was different though, rarely had a good experience there, though that might have been the staff not liking fat teenagers with little money frequenting their stores.

I travel through Glasgow for work every couple of months, and it's usually a good excuse for a trip to GuitarGuitar. I've always found them friendly and helpful, and the new bass room is great.

On the offchance that the guy I spoke to there last Friday is reading this, thanks for the Mono strap recommendation - used it at last night's gig and it works a treat. :)

[quote name='fftc' timestamp='1501606646' post='3345888']
I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Was just looking, but when I saw they had a Steve Harris P bass I wanted to feel the neck. Before you know it I'm playing a £3K custom shop through an Aguilar rig! Nowt like that for giving you GAS!! :lol:
[/quote]

haha you did well to leave without buying anything.

I would've sold my first born to fund that purchase....and I don't even HAVE a first born :)