Why become a member? ×

Scratch it Pickguards.

bubinga5

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1501692460' post='3346640']
I should add that Tim is a top guy and will do everything he can to help you achieve what you're after.
[/quote] I agree Tim is a great bloke to deal with and his guards are very good quality if you want 3 ply jobs Fender sell some for about a ton lol

You can always trace it, scan it & email it to them.

Yes, Tim has made 2 scratchplates for me in the past, both clear single ply 'plates with a print behind. Very good quality, but can be a tad flimsy if a pickup is mounted directly on the 'plate.

Does he, or can he, help design the image you want on your scratch plate?
Or do you need to supply what you want and he just makes it?

I've got an idea in mind but I'm not sure that my graphic design skills are up to much!

Tim is a graphic designer by trade and is very good at tweaking ideas to make just what you want, he has a done a couple for me, and I started with just a vague thought in my head both times!
He is based in Bedford, so not too far from you Osiris, he makes very good coffee, so well worth a phone call I would say!!

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1501823227' post='3347542']
The thing that put me off was that they don't return your original that you provide as a template (or at least, they didn't when I enquired).
[/quote]I have sent a couple of plates to Tim and they have always come back to me in the same parcel the new plate is in

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1501828986' post='3347571']
Tim is a graphic designer by trade and is very good at tweaking ideas to make just what you want, he has a done a couple for me, and I started with just a vague thought in my head both times!
He is based in Bedford, so not too far from you Osiris, he makes very good coffee, so well worth a phone call I would say!!
[/quote]

Cheers, I'll do that!

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1501829390' post='3347574']
Here are the two he did for me. The tort guard is so good that people think it's a sticker on the original pick-guard.

[/quote]

They both look great, I love the Skamite one!