Why become a member? ×

G&L Spare Parts - Looking for a UK supplier

Hi there,

I'm looking for spare parts for the electronics in my Tribute L2000. The tone pot is starting to go and I need to to replace it, maybe a switch too. Problem is the Tribute series use non standard pots and I'm struggling to find spares here in the UK. Anyone here have any ideas?

Paul

When I've wanted genuine G&L parts, I've got them from the States, these days it's costly though.

A tribute is not going to affected much price wise by fitting generic parts, so I think if it were me I would just search out something that would fit.

Would standard CTS or whatever not fit?

Thank you for both replying. Reason I thought they aren't a standard is the G&L site says the American L2000 pots wouldn't fit the Tribute - 'Will not fit Tribute Series models without enlarging the mounting holes for the pots and using knurled knobs for solid-shaft pots available elsewhere in this store. Enlarging the holes for the pots may be done by a highly experienced technician using a reamer tool, as there is risk of damaging the body finish.'

In answer to your question Gary I think the USA models use CTS pots so that would be the obvious upgrade but it's a pity it's not a straight swap. Out of interest did you order direct from G&L?

BassBunny, thank you giving me the values of the pots, they should make life a lot easier for sourcing replacements! I'll have a look at the Bourns range as they have a really good rep.

Frustrating thing is I've hardly used the Tribute for this to happen and I've never abused her in any way. Suppose just bad luck but I've heard of others having problems with the standard Tribute pots too.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated!

Edited by rainbowreality