Why become a member? ×

**Stunning Maruszczyk Elwood 5a" SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
£1300

Risk101

NOW £1,200 (ONO)..Up for grabs is a mint condition Maruszczyk Elwood 5a that has only been gigged on a handful of occasions in a church environment. I'm finding the 19mm string spacing doesn't suit my small hands! List price was £1,700 and bought from Bass Direct March 17 for £1,600. So I'm going to take a hit, and you'll get a discount and avoid a wait of several months! Here are the specs:

- Alder body with gorgeous maple burl top
- Fantastic birds-eye maple neck
- Delano SBC pick ups with lovely range of tones
- Delano 3 band EQ
- 3 way switching on each pickup (series/single coil/parallel)
- Hip shot B bridge and lightweight Hipshot tuners
- 19mm string spacing at the bridge
- Very light weight c3.7kg

Photos should appear below. Comes with Maruszczyk gig bag and all original paperwork, certificates etc. Oh and new Elixir strings were fitted last month. Please PM me if interested of if you would like any more information. I'd rather not try and despatch (but might consider it) and am based in Essex, but travel to London daily.

Dave

(now with correct spelling - silly me!)

Edited by Risk101

Yes, a beauty indeed, but 19mm spacing not working for me sadly. Now with the correct spelling of Maruszczyk :gas: (sorry Adrian!) And here's a picture again. It is in new condition but much much cheaper than new !

Edited by Risk101

• 2 weeks later...

Special offer, as I've been tempted by a Warwick elsewhere 😜 £1,200 . That's £400 less than new price and it is in new, unmarked condition. Come on all you Maruszczyk fans! PM if interest. Delivery can be arranged.

[quote name='Risk101' timestamp='1503252132' post='3356719']
Thanks guys - it is indeed a beauty. Sell the cabs!!!
[/quote]

I'd say give it a bit longer to get used to the string spacing, don't take the financial hit, think about all those people that will be coming up to you at future gigs saying "awesome bass mate"' & forget the Warwick!! Lol

PM's replied to - lots of interest, but still available. If you were thinking of a new Maruszczyk, you should consider this one! It is beautifully made, fit and finish are excellent, and the twin Delano's with 3 way switching give huge variety. £500 less than list price and in new condition with all the documentation,M gig bag etc. Cash only though, no trades please. Thanks for looking. Sensible offers considered.

Very eagle-eyed of you! Bridge positioning was "normal" on the original strings but I like the smooth feel of Elixir nanowebs so put a new set on, and yes, the A string needed to be where it is - intonation spot on although I'll double check it. Perhaps I was just "unlucky" with that set of strings! Although I love nanowebs they aren't always the greatest for consistency imo 😜

Back to work bump. Lovely light weight, big sounding, beautiful Maruszczyk - bargain compared to new price £1,600 - as new condition yours for £1,200 (ovno) inc padded gig back authenticity certificate, invoices etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...