Why become a member? ×

Alembic Essence 4 - SOLD
£1800

matrav

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][color=#4b4f56]Hi everyone,[/color]

[color=#4b4f56]I am selling a bass guitar Alembic Essence 4 produced in Santa Rosa in the USA. I think that due to the professional nature of the instrument most of the players will be familiar with the brand. I have owned it since 2009 and the instrument itself was made in 1991. What can I write about it? The guitar is in a perfect condition, under the constant care of a lutherian (like all my instruments). If I wrote that this is a fully professional instrument, you could think I haven't written anything about the item. It perfectly blends in the instrument mix and I need to admit that I have not have so perfect piece of art before. There are some basic technical information for you:[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Scale: 34 inches[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Construction: neck thru body[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Body: maple + walnut[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Neck: 3 layered maple[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]fingerboard: ebony[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Number of thresholds: 24[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Pick up: Alembic MXY 4[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Electronics: Active Alembic with vol regulation, pan, low-pass filter[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Finish: high gloss[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Color: natural oil[/color]
[color=#4b4f56]Serial number: 91K6549 USA[/color]

[color=#4b4f56]I am also including a custom made case and a rack, ideal for the guitar dimension in perfect condition (the price of the case itself was 250 pounds). I do not know if it is serious to write with such an instrument that the current strings are Alembic 45-105 (and different type was not used). The strings are of course exchanged because they are 3 months old already. Currently the guitar is set to C-dropp. I think the price is an absolute bargain, because the new guitar costs $ 7500. You can appreciate I sell my guitar for practically 1/4 of the price and a case worth 250 is included without any extra cost. There is a link below to the manufacturer's price list, where you can read about the guitar itself: [/color][url="http://www.alembic.com/prod/prices.html"]http://www.alembic.c...rod/prices.html[/url]
[color=#4b4f56]Please do not confuse the guitar with the Epic version because the price and the bass itself is completely different. If someone wants to play a professional instrument it will definitely be appreciated by Alembic. You can also read the opinions of professional bassists who have the pleasure of playing such an instrument. I own Fender, Stingray ... but I think it's a different league of instruments. The price is negotiable. I am considering settling in Fender Jazz Bass American Deluxe 4 strings or G & L L2000 USA 4 strings[/color][/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][color=#4b4f56]Item location: Kettering, UK[/color][/size][/font]
[font=georgia,serif][size=5][color=#4b4f56]Posts to: Worldwide[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by matrav

[quote name='NickA' timestamp='1502393302' post='3351220']
Beautiful bass. Though few of us have ever had the chance to play such exotica, hence hard to know what it sounds like!

Where is it btw? Something tells me it's not in the UK.
[/quote]

I've had one of these - absolutely beautiful! They sound like an Alembic (!) with a very powerful fundamental and a piano-like clarity and complexity. They're quite a bright bass but with no lack of bottom end (it's possible to get a very full and round bass with judicious use of the sophisticated and versatile, if relatively simple controls)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...