Why become a member? ×

Fender American Pro Jazz - Pass Certificate

bassrockbob

Hi all. I'm new to this so apologies if this is an old topic, but I just purchased a new Fender American Pro Jazz bass but the enclosed Pass Certificate is dated 2015-12-08. The 'build certificate' however, is marked AM PRO JAZZ BASS RW 3TS and as far as I'm aware, the 'PRO' designation was only introduced this year. So any idea why the Pass Cert is dated 2015? Thanks.

[quote name='bassrockbob' timestamp='1502383369' post='3351140']
The Pass Certificate is date-stamped, definitely 2015. However the Assembly / Tune / Test card is hand-written, with no date on it. Strictly speaking there's nothing to associate the Pass Cert with the guitar, it was just in the case with the tools and documentation.
[/quote]

Quite often guitar shops give out the wrong cases, if it's the right case for the series of bass....if you know what I mean?!

Yeah, sounds like the wrong case. If it concerns you, ring them or email them. I know it's minor, but these basses are £1400!+!

I don't know why retailers don't keep a VERY quick and easy database of what is where when it comes to expensive guitars and their cases/documents etc.

Did you get the new Pro case?

You can check the real date simply by sending an e-mail with the serial nr. to Fender customer service.
I did so (for my Am.Std.) and got a nice reply with all the details (component part nrs. etc.) and the month/year of assembly.
Just explain that you're confused by non corresponding documents in the case.

Thanks for all the responses folks. First off, I love the bass - totally playable, powerful sound, and a familiar feel as my previous bass was an Ibanez GSR200 with typical Ibanez narrow neck. I tried the Fender Precision and although I liked the sound I couldn't get the hang of the neck profile at all.

The bass is definitely the new Pro model, the case looks like the new model, so as far as the Pass Cert is concerned, I'll stick it back in the case and get on with playing :)

Cheers, BrB.