Why become a member? ×

Mike Lull M5V - Withdrawn
£1800

Thomas P

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Hi All[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]After having enjoyed Mike’s instruments for more than 10 years, at a time owning 3 [/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#000000"]M5V’s, I’ve decided to try something new.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]So up for sale is my main bass for the last many years:[/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#000000"]Lull M5V sn. 479 meaning it’s probably around 15 years old.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]I know the person who imported it to Denmark from a shop in US quite some years ago, and after changing hands a few times it ended at a friend of mine from whom I bought it. I’ve owe it to him for having turned this into the most versatile instrument I’ve ever layed hands on. We all know a Jazz bass will fit in well in most situations. Add an Aguilar 3 band preamp with mid frequency swith and we’re covering even more ground. BUT, change the balance pot to a 4 way PU selector as what has been done here, and we’re in the category of “do all”. [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]So spec’s are[/color][/size][/font]
[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Alder body in a beautiful Burgundy Mist with a custom made pearl pick guard, rosewood fretboard, Seymour Duncan PU’s in 60'ties position[/font][/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"], Hipshot hardware, Aguilar [/font][/color][/size][font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]OB3 pre-amp with active passive switch and mid band frequency selector plus 4 way PU switch allowing either front PU, both in parallel, rear PU, and both in series. 35” scale, 21 frets, 12” radius, 1 7/8” at nut, 2 7/8” at body, Weight around 4.5 kg. [/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#000000"]Condition is fine a few scratches from normal use, never ever had to adjust the neck but obviously the truss rod works as intended. Comes with a Lull bag.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Shipping from Denmark [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Don’t hesitate to contact me for further info or pictures.[/color][/size][/font]
[email="[email protected]"][font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#0000ff"][email protected][/color][/size][/font][/email]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]+45 6120 9520 [/color][/size][/font]
Regards
Thomas

Edited by Thomas P

Hi Guys
Thank you very much for the interest.
String spacing bridge is se at 3/4" or 19mm, but is adjustable i.e. each string can be moved sideways
allowing to narrow the overall width.
No tone contol in passive mode unfortuately, not a feature in this specific Aguilar pre-amp.
But, if yu're looking for a 5 string modern version of Guy Pratt's famous Burgundy Mist Jazz Bass,
this one comes pretty close (All respect to an early 60'ties Jazz in the hands of one of the best players around)
Kind Regards
Thomas

Another Weekend bump.
Not alot of interest. What's wrong guys, too pricy ?
(£ has dropped significantly which is bad for us outside UK.)
If seriously interested drop me an offer.
Enjoy your weekend!
Thomas