Why become a member? ×

NEW bass day G & L USA Jazz bass *pic's added*

artisan

Ok I know,I'll post some pics when I can 😁
Just been to see Drew at GBBL to trade my stingray classic for his beautiful USA G&L JB.
Finished in 3tsb/rosewood + tort'
By 'eck it's lovely,So easy to play compared to the stingray & sounds really good.
They really nailed that vintage J bass tone & the build quality is exemplary,I mean it's perfect.
Can't wait to get home a play with it (I may even play my bass too 😁)
So chuffed

Edited by artisan

[quote name='scalpy' timestamp='1502576213' post='3352323']
Congratulations, can't wait to see the pics. Drew sold me my lb100 a few months back and I can't put it down still!
[/quote]
The red one
I remember drooling over that bass,I was frantically trying to sell my double bass at the time so I could buy it.
Congrats to you on your lovely bass

[quote name='gthyni' timestamp='1502576979' post='3352333']
lovely. Love my old L1000 and are craving for a better Jazz Bass.
How is the neck profile on those compared to a Fender American Professional (which I feel very confy with)?
[/quote]
Hi I've never played a fender american professional so I can't compare,sorry.
It is a very nice neck though,G&L #8,it reminds me of an overwater jazz bass I had a while back.( except the G&L has a perfect body to neck joint,unlike the shoddy amateurish one on the overwater "hand made" bass)

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1502698928' post='3352870']

The red one
I remember drooling over that bass,I was frantically trying to sell my double bass at the time so I could buy it.
Congrats to you on your lovely bass
[/quote]

Thank you. She's on holiday with me now, we're merrily playing through standing in the shadows of Motown again. Agree about the neck joint on G&Ls, that's one of the first things I noticed picking it up. And after hearing a will lee performance the other day I have GAS for a jb now.

Just got back in from rehersal & my word this thing kicks ass,where some jazz basses can sound a little thin this baby has a really meaty punch,you'd almost think it was active.
For me it just blows my old stingray classic away & I can now hear every note I play,including the G string.
Happy me.

I'll try & post some pics tomorrow evening

• 1 month later...