Why become a member? ×

## Sold ## Squier MIJ Silver Series Precision 1991/92 - 3TSB / Rosewood / Tort - Modded
£300

Deedee

I haven't had this too long but I've set my heart on another so this is going to have to move along.

It's a rather cool looking Squier Silver Series Made in Japan Precision. I've attached links to previous ads for this bass and I'm sure those sellers would vouch for it.

Since owning the bass I have changed the Kiogon wiring harness for one of his newer type looms (CTS solid shaft pots, switchcraft jack socket). I also fitted a new pair of knurled flat top knobs.

Along with this it is fitted with a pickup from a US Fender Deluxe and a custom made tortoiseshell scratchplate. Currently strung with Rotosound Swingbass 66's, but I will throw in the set of flats that were on the bass when I bought it. It really does play and sound great and looks the business with a bit of an old school mojo thang going on.

Links (hope you guys don't mind), firstly from Pestie:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/308026-sold-squier-silver-series-precision-mij-1991-92-sold/page__p__3328440__hl__silver%20series__fromsearch__1#entry3328440

And the original ad and (Very Good) pics from Cameltoe:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/295172-sold-squier-silver-series-mij-precision-bass-3-tsb-light-weight/page__p__3173779__hl__squier%20silver%20series__fromsearch__1#entry3173779

Sale only thanks

I'm based in South Yorkshire if you'd like to try or meet up.

Edited by Deedee

I've not played one, but I've heard nothing but good reports about Squier Silver Series basses
Fender Japan factory stuff all seems to be great quality gear....
This bass looks lovely - some nice upgrades too
GLWTS

I had a black one, the cause of my biggest sellers remorse. Tried to track it down to buy it back but the trail went cold. At the time, straight out of the box it was the best Precision I had laid hands on - lightweight, one of those really comfy 40mm wide necks and from the stock pup the tone was to die for. What a silly Billy I was. Both my JVs are better, but only just. And they cost a heap more. This will make someone smile.