Why become a member? ×

1984 Yamaha BB2000, 80's Yamaha BB300 *Both SOLD*
£900

jay-syncro

1984 Yamaha BB2000, completely original including the well used case. I absolutely adore this thing, it's bass perfection as far as I'm concerned. It sounds full, rich and extremely punchy while maintaining a classic vintage sound that works in 99% of musical situations. It's impeccably assembled using top quality materials, the rosewood fretboard is particularly pretty to look at. It's been well used in its 32 years, but as the finish on these is indestructible, it bares only a few minor dings in the top coat.

I liked the BB2000 so much that i acquired a BB300 after reading that the neck shares the same profile. My plan was to use the BB300 with flats (for when nothing else will do) and the BB2000 for everything else. The 300 has a set of TI flats and a Gotoh 201 bridge fitted, and it has the vintage P bass thing down to a T. It's also been well gigged, so has various dings, but along with the nicely mellowed finish on the neck and the classic design, it feels and sounds great.

I'm letting these go as I need a five string. I'm now hooked on Yamaha so am going to try a new BBP35 next week.

I'd like £725 for the BB2000 in the original Yamaha case, and £175 for the BB300 with a brand new Ritter gig bag. If you fancy both, I'm sure a deal can be made :)

Link to pics - [url="https://flic.kr/p/XCuhjC"]https://flic.kr/p/XCuhjC[/url]

Edited by jay-syncro

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1502816220' post='3353744']
Had the pleasure of seeing and hearing the 2000 in action a few weeks back and it's lovely in both respects to, helped somewhat by Jay's magic fingers!

Jay, if you fancy a AER Bass 1 for it , let me know :)
[/quote]

You're too kind, mate!

I shouldn't fancy it really, but of course I do. Damn Basschat..

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1503094955' post='3355755']
My old BB 300...

Fabulous bass for the money; gorgeous neck and must be even better now with the new bridge! 😊

Jay's a great guy to deal with too so you can't go wrong...

GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, both basses are now sold.

Edited by jay-syncro