Why become a member? ×

Anyone got/tried the new yamaha BBs? Yamaha BB435

BenR24

Hi,

Looking into getting a new bass, and leaning towards the Yamaha BBs, was looking at getting a 425x, but I'm debating whether to go for the 435 instead. He anyone played the 435 or the 434 or other and knows how they compare to the previous series? I know I should probably try one for myself but it's quite a drive to the closest place so I'd like to have an idea before making the drive.

Thanks for any feedback!

Some of the lower spec basses are here now. Gear4Music have one in, I had a brief fondle of it today. Light, nicely built and a lovely neck. Didn't have time to plug it in though.

734a 23rd August on the website, but that seems to change on a daily basis.

I got a 1024 from Guitarguitar for £500. Fantastic guitar. According to Paul in the bass dept, they bought the last of the available Yamaha stock. The 1024 is a good bit better than a 424x having owned both. Can`t comment on the 5 string models but they seem to be really good.

Edited by jezzaboy

had a 1024 and a 1025 and both were superb. But so was a 424 I tried in PMT in Manchester. My conclusion is Yamaha make great basses so im tempted by the new range. 434 or 734a does anyone know if the new pups are std sizes? if so that would open up to a lot of possibilities with trying different p J pups in them

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1502825249' post='3353817']
I got a 1024 from Guitarguitar for £500. Fantastic guitar. According to Paul in the bass dept, they bought the last of the available Yamaha stock. The 1024 is a good bit better than a 424x having owned both. Can`t comment on the 5 string models but they seem to be really good.
[/quote]

Was there much of a weight difference between the 424x and the 1024?