Why become a member? ×

FS: fretless Precision P/J, maple board (Fender neck; Kubicki body; Nordstrand PUPs) **SOLD**
£1100

Beedster

OK, last of the studio gear arrived this week in the form of a Roland electronic kit, so I need to let a few instruments and amps go to keep things on an even keel so to speak. These two are the basses I use least, and going forwards are also those that are least likely to be used in the studio also. Both are bitsas but built from high quality parts, in fact if I broke both for parts they'd earn me around £500 more than the total [price for both basses. But frankly, I can't be bothered with the hassle of selling the bits one by one.....

First up, maple board fretless P/J. £600

Body: Phil Kubicki late 70's. Lovely worn natural finish. Bridge PUP very much in 70's position :)
Neck: 1971 Fender, classic profile of the era. Very very good condition, no signs of play-wear on the board suggesting either extremely light playing/flats or a refin, but if the latter, it's been very well done. Slight signs of wear on the back and side, but very little in real terms.
PUPs: Nordstrand NP4 V Precision/NJ4SV Jazz
Circuit: Kiogon VT stacked
Tuners: Gotoh FB30
Bridge: generic BBOT

[attachment=251521:IMG_3777.JPG][attachment=251530:IMG_3784.JPG][attachment=251525:IMG_3783.JPG][attachment=251528:IMG_3790.JPG][attachment=251526:IMG_3785.JPG]

Why am I selling this one? I have three fretless Fenders, a P/HB with flats, and a Jazz with rounds (and both with big Precision necks). This is the one I play the least. Simple as that. However, I kid you not, this is a very nice bass and at the price, is a steal (it cost around £850 to put together).

[s]Second up, a rather nice '57-ish Precision.[/s][b] £400 **SOLD**[/b]

[s]Body: Not sure. bought on here a while back here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/291067-sold-alder-precision-body-in-champagne-gold-finish/page__p__3124531__hl__body__fromsearch__1#entry3124531."]http://basschat.co.u...1#entry3124531.[/url] Colour is Champagne Gold, very hard to photograph but very very fetching in the flesh
Neck: 2000 Fender MIA '57 RI replacement. Very very nice neck, wide and flat. Pretty much unused (bought NOS last year from £275)
PUPs: Bill Lawrence P-46
Circuit: Generic (might be Fender, might not)
Tuners: Fender American Vintage nickel (still wearing plastic protectors)
Bridge: generic BBOT

[attachment=251531:IMG_3791.JPG][attachment=251533:IMG_3801.JPG][attachment=251534:IMG_3797.JPG][attachment=251532:IMG_3799.JPG]

Why am I selling this one? It's just a little too bright for me, there's a lot of zing and top, and I don't generally use tone controls. I've two other Precisions, and once again, it's the one I play the least.[/s]

Courier will be around £30. No hard cases with these but they will be very well packed. Sale only on both, I don't need any more gear. No offers please, the prices are more than fair. These are priced to sell and will both head to eBay at around £150 more per bass at the weekend if they don't sell here before then.

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Thanks Nik, all good mate, hope the same's true for you. Yep, decent couple of basses for sure, and I won't be gutted if they don't sell, just a little less stressed about the recent outlay on a Roland TD-30K if they do :)

That maple board fretless is just super fine.....

Anyone who knows their bitsas knows that Chris's are as good as they get, and these are stonkingly cheap for the quality of parts
Bump, and all the best mate :)

Couple of cracking basses there. Great quality parts and Chris certainly knows how to put a decent bass together. I'm a little bit tempted by the '57 P bass, as I've heard really good things about those necks. Must resist ;)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1502960358' post='3354622']
I'm fine thanks Chris!

Sounds like you're putting together a pretty cool studio btw...

Nik
[/quote]

Thanks Nik, yes it's starting to take shape, it's as much for the kids as for me, at least that's what i keep telling them :)

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1502988865' post='3354908']
That maple board fretless is just super fine.....

Anyone who knows their bitsas knows that Chris's are as good as they get, and these are stonkingly cheap for the quality of parts
Bump, and all the best mate :)
[/quote]

Thanks Greg, it's a rather nice bass, I just don't use the J-PUP and as you know, have another fretless precision, so I'm trying hard to be sensible. Emphasis on 'trying' :)

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1502990869' post='3354934']
Couple of cracking basses there. Great quality parts and Chris certainly knows how to put a decent bass together. I'm a little bit tempted by the '57 P bass, as I've heard really good things about those necks. Must resist ;)
[/quote]

Thanks Mark, it's a very nice neck indeed, some necks just work and this is one of them

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1503028484' post='3355140']
May I buy the 57ish P?

Was looking to buy a used MIM P on Ebay for a similar price..

Will send PM..
[/quote]

Replied

Maple fretless is now on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182728051138?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649, so if you want it, please be quick. Let's face it, these basses don't come up very often, especially at this price

Chris

On reflection I think I'd be happy to sell the neck/tuners and the loaded body separately, I think £250 for the body, PUPs, circuit, pickguard and bridge, and £400 for the neck tuners is reasonable

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1503558987' post='3359067']
How heavy is the PJ Chris?
[/quote]

Hello mate, it's not heavy for sure, it's the lightest bass I have here and is actually far lighter than my 70's Strat! I don't have scales here however; I'll see if my neighbours have any and get back to you.

Chris

I've listed the Fretless on eBay ending Sunday. If it doesn't sell I'm going to part it as the neck will likely sell pretty quickly on eBay and I can easily move the body on at a later date. I just need to trim the heard and pull in a bit of cash soonish :)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1503652409' post='3359917']
Weight is 9lbs 8oz on a pretty decent set of scales. Turns out that the strat in question is 3lbs heavier!!!!
[/quote]

Thanks for that Chris, a bit heavier than I'd like so I shall pass.

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

All sold, '71 neck/tuners only now for sale at £450, new listing at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/311251-fs-71-fender-precision-factory-fretless-neck-maple-board/"]http://basschat.co.u...ck-maple-board/[/url]

Edited by Beedster