Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Gibson USA SG Standard Bass - Short Scale / Nitro
£750

Kev

Up for sale I have a gorgeous 2009 Gibson SG Standard Bass. This was the top end SG bass with the nitro finish, not to be confused with the much cheaper matte finish option.

In excellent condition, only wear is some buckle rash, pretty unavoidable with this kind of finish! Pic shows it heavily exaggerated in light. It has been upgraded with a Hipshot full contact bridge, original bridge included with the sale with case candy. Also has an ebony thumb rest fitted and comes with spare knobs.

Specs can be found here [url="http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015/USA/SG-Standard-Bass.aspx"]http://www.gibson.co...ndard-Bass.aspx[/url] Although ignore the new features for 2015, obviously :) the Hipshot is a better quality bridge than the Babicz, IMO very overrated hardware.

30.5 inch scale, all mahogany body/neck, Grover Tuners, top spec stuff. Its a joy to play, but it doesn't have any place in the progressive and power metal genre of music my bands play in!

Pictures.

Located in Leamington Spa. Comes with the Canadian made official hardcase, which in itself is a wonderful bit of kit.

Thanks

Edited by Kev

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1502920266' post='3354456']
I had the black one - absolutely superb!
[/quote]

Didn't even know they did them in black! They are wonderful instruments, believe this one is Heritage Cherry?

Sorry Kev - I've unintentionally blundered into hijacking your thread. Actually (now I've read your topic title properly!) mine was different: it was an 'SG Re-issue' (2008). I'm not sure what the differences were but if the Gibson craftsmen (?!) hadn't changed in the intervening 12 months, then I'm sure yours is at least as good as mine was :)

GLWTS

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1502980159' post='3354836']
Sorry Kev - I've unintentionally blundered into hijacking your thread. Actually (now I've read your topic title properly!) mine was different: it was an 'SG Re-issue' (2008). I'm not sure what the differences were but if the Gibson craftsmen (?!) hadn't changed in the intervening 12 months, then I'm sure yours is at least as good as mine was :)

GLWTS
[/quote]

I think they were all called reissues mate, since it was first reissued in 2005 🙂