Why become a member? ×

Picture hosting sites

highwayone

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1502925488' post='3354490']

Imgur allows you to post pictures. Once you've uploaded a photo, click on it, then click the Direct Link tab on the right.

Paste that into the picture link thingy on BC and away you go.
[/quote]

Cheers

The only downside I've found with Imgur is their chaotic, unreliable album arrangement; the pics just do what they want, it seems.
The only downside I've found with Flickr is their verbose BBCode, which contains links back to their site which I don't want, so I strip 'em off by hand.
Imgbb doesn't propose albums, so I don't use it, but at least it's simple to use, which is a Good Thing.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1502960219' post='3354621']
The only downside I've found with Imgur is their chaotic, unreliable album arrangement; the pics just do what they want, it seems.
The only downside I've found with Flickr is their verbose BBCode, which contains links back to their site which I don't want, so I strip 'em off by hand.
Imgbb doesn't propose albums, so I don't use it, but at least it's simple to use, which is a Good Thing.
[/quote]

I only use picture hosting sites for the 'throwaway' images used on forums etc so the lack of features on imgbb I actually find a bonus. All I want to do is upload a pic or some pics and immediately get the BBcode for pasting into a forum. I don't want a direct link, HTML, any of that.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1502960954' post='3354629']
I only use picture hosting sites for the 'throwaway' images used on forums etc...
[/quote]

Exactly. The hosting site has to fit one's personal needs; the 'features' must be those wanted; no more and no less. Imgbb is fine for 'one-off' picture posting, less friendly for archiving or 'cloud' storage. I'm more of a 'squirrel', so like to find things months or years later and re-use 'em, though, hence the use of albums.