Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBG4Sii (NBD)

AndyTravis

Well sometimes, stuff just falls into your lap.

A mate buys and sells second hand guitars as a hobby - he makes very small profits and it keeps him busy (works weird hours and is an insomniac...)

He messages me and asks advice, and I've stopped him buying fake fenders and stuff. The odd time the gear needs a setup or whatever, I help him out.

He sent me a picture of a 2000's ish Yamaha.

Dirty, but no big holes or neck snaps or anything.

He's swapped an old Japanese Les Paul copy for it and asks if I'm ok to make it play right, and says the frets are "rusty" and doesn't know what to clean them with.

So I've got it with me.

And after a clean...it looks brand new. Better than some gear I've seen in shops.

1 small dink next to the control panel (which still has the plastic film on) and the gold hardware has pitted in very small areas as it does. But it's not awful.

Popped to GBBL and had a catch up with drew who's winding down while amassing an impressive post retirement Bass collection...relieved him of some strings.

And gave it a set up.

Took it to practice tonight and couldn't put it down. The Yamaha BEX4C I have been taking recently didn't get a look in.

The only thing I will say against it is that I wish it had a midrange control...but - I was always very fond of the BB604 which replaced this model.

In honesty, this fills the slap monkey hi-fi sound I've been missing.

My CS64 jazz is also very dear to me but I don't want to take it everywhere all the time.

At this moment, the BB is staying.

https://instagram.com/p/BX3wlzxDo89/
https://instagram.com/p/BX5sRnHD-WU/

These are hugely overlooked basses!