Why become a member? ×

Traded. Fender American Hot Rod Precision.
£850

karlfer

Reluctant but I have 3 P/J's and this is the most valuable, and probably most saleable as they don't come up often. Black is the least common colour, Maple is the least common board.

These Hot Rods were only made for 11 months from July 1999 before becoming the Hot Rodded, which ran for about 2 years.
Lots of info on the balanced pick ups on BC & TB.
Graphite rods, 41.6mm nut, 8lb 13oz, not original case, but expensive (and quite scuffed) Fender case included.

A myriad of tiny surface scuffs on the back, that won't photograph, but for an 18 year old bass it's in good condition

It's almost impossible for me to courier now, unless YOU want to sort out a Saturday collection.

TRADES.
I would prefer a trade for an American Jazz Deluxe dated 2013 to 2016. I have £100 to add to the Hot Rod.
Please remember the Deluxe Jazzes of that time were selling new for between £1250/£1300 so really shouldn't be considered the same value as the current Elite series!

Happy to meet up within 50 mile radius of Wigan. Any trial, feedback linked below.
Thanks for looking,
cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

Thanks guys very kind :)

No, the price does NOT include shipping, especially at over £100 insured to southern Europe :blink: . As stated, change in work circs means shipping is now very difficult for me.

All pm's replied (a lot), a Euro LX and a Darkglass 900 were both very tempting, but I must (finally) stay true to my quest!

Further pm's replied.

And in a public response to "that guy" :rolleyes: , sorry my patience with cockwombles isn't what it used to be.....................................

Sunburst one sold in the States a few weeks back at $1050
Transluscent Orange (Ash, probably heavy maaannnn) sold on Bumtree 2 weeks ago for £950.

That's the only two I've noticed this year.

Thanks Stu.
I've only seen the Hot Rodded (skunk stripe) in black, but looks like there are one or two of the original Hot Rods in the UK.

Right, after 14 trade offers, none of which were 2013-2016 Deluxe Jazzes (+ I have£100 or so) or even USA 75 RI's ;) , I think I need to make this sale only.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1503229625' post='3356549']
Further pm's replied.

And in a public response to "that guy" :rolleyes: , sorry my patience with cockwombles isn't what it used to be.....................................

Sunburst one sold in the States a few weeks back at $1050
Transluscent Orange (Ash, probably heavy maaannnn) sold on Bumtree 2 weeks ago for £950.

That's the only two I've noticed this year.
[/quote]I would like to make an offer of £34.50 and offer up a part trade of a pack of half eaten wotsits they are great for cheesy 80s stuff but not great for metal :( also does the price include postage to timbuktoo? thanks lol :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1503301928' post='3356951']
I would like to make an offer of £34.50 and offer up a part trade of a pack of half eaten wotsits they are great for cheesy 80s stuff but not great for metal :( also does the price include postage to timbuktoo? thanks lol :)
[/quote]

You can see why Karl gets pissed off.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1503349464' post='3357555']
I made the offer.

To be fair I thought my mother in law still had some mileage in her.
[/quote]

In many ways she did, lovely shade of Daphne Blue.
But the plywood teeth :o :P

Seriously though, more trade offers but none of the basses I require.

Over 20 basses offered in trade, some a little more realistic than others :P .
4 people fundraising to buy this.

Still here though.
Probably going to remove if it's still here next weekend as it would appear this uncommon bass is not quite desirable enough for folk to bite the bullet.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1504335370' post='3364127']
Over 20 basses offered in trade, some a little more realistic than others :P .
4 people fundraising to buy this.

Still here though.
Probably going to remove if it's still here next weekend as it would appear this uncommon bass is not quite desirable enough for folk to bite the bullet.
[/quote]

I feel your pain Karl, lots of beautiful basses on here at reasonable prices but lots of tyre kicking too I'm afraid. GLWTS