Why become a member? ×

Bass Synth from a Zoom MS60B

Si600

I'm having a slight problem getting a synth sound I like from my MS60B, the three or four simulated pedals in there all start the note with a weird muwah-pop kind of thing. I'm using something else as a synth as it sounds better, but it's still not great.

Does anyone have any general settings that I can start with to get an 80's synth sound? It's for Kids in America for reference.

I use Z-syn as my main synth pedal. ITs limited to what it can do, but it does it brilliantly in my experience. I generally keep the synth side quite low in the mix. i'd about a 80/20 mix just enough to hear the attack of the note (assuming your going for that staccato type synth). For Kids In Americafor the intro bit I'd play up an octave with the synth on and a chorus afterwards, I quite like the Clone chorus on it. Then when the proper bass kicks in id probably just go back to normal and switch the synth off.

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1503571868' post='3359249']
I've used the Z-syn too. Seems pretty useful. I actually find the others far too sensitive, being triggered by the slightest touch of the strings, but that could just be me or the bass, of course.
[/quote]

Nope I agree, the others are a pretty uncontrollable in my experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I was using the Z-Tron, I've had a proper go at it and I've given up on all the synth modellers, they've all got the "buwahp' artifact at the beginning of most notes but not consistently. I've gone to the Flanger now, with a rate and resolution that is fast enough to sound almost flat. It works well in my opinion.