Sourcing plugs

1 reply to this topic

#1 Danuman

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Anything, really... Don't get me started.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

Hi all,

I seem to be going through a cyclical bit of frustration: once again I find myself fed up with the various bits of cable I have lying around, so I ordered a length of quality cable in order to fix me up a set of proper leads.

While digging around in the scrap drawer, I found a box of old Amphenol plugs. Unfortunately the plastic tops have split, but otherwise they're fine.

I snooped around for a bit, but the amount of available product makes my head spin! I didn't, however, manage to find what I was looking for.

Perhaps it's idle hope, but does anybody know if there's parts for sale anywhere?

Cheers!

Minor aside: I also have a bunch of Neutriks, which are also pretty good (and not, strictly speaking, currently broken) so it's a bit of a non issue, really. I still kind of prefer the design of the Amphenols, though...

#2 Danuman

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Anything, really... Don't get me started.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

Just received word from the distributor. This is not going to happen, as they consider the plugs to be inexpensive as is.

I feel silly having to waste a bunch of them because of such a minor defect. Guess I'll try the all metal ones next time, if I can find them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users