Why become a member? ×

Sourcing plugs

Danuman

Hi all,

I seem to be going through a cyclical bit of frustration: once again I find myself fed up with the various bits of cable I have lying around, so I ordered a length of quality cable in order to fix me up a set of proper leads.

While digging around in the scrap drawer, I found a box of old Amphenol plugs. Unfortunately the plastic tops have split, but otherwise they're fine.

I snooped around for a bit, but the amount of available product makes my head spin! I didn't, however, manage to find what I was looking for.

Perhaps it's idle hope, but does anybody know if there's parts for sale anywhere?

Cheers!

Minor aside: I also have a bunch of Neutriks, which are also pretty good (and not, strictly speaking, currently broken) so it's a bit of a non issue, really. I still kind of prefer the design of the Amphenols, though...

Just received word from the distributor. This is not going to happen, as they consider the plugs to be inexpensive as is.

I feel silly having to waste a bunch of them because of such a minor defect. Guess I'll try the all metal ones next time, if I can find them.