Why become a member? ×

Hi from Essex👋🏻

NickB

Good morning, Nick, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. Advice..? Look for a bass tutor in your area (I see you've found our 'Tutor' section already..? Good show...) and see about a few 'starter' lessons, to get you on the right track..? What kind of music do you want to play..? Any favourite tunes you'd like to learn..? They'll be the first questions to answer, I suspect.

Edited by Dad3353

Hi Nick, welcome from another fairly new bass player.

I hadn't played a musical instrument for some 35 years, when I ventured into the world of bass last year - and then I'd only played wind instruments. Stringed instruments were some sort of dark art. My OH (a guitar player) arranged some lessons with a local tutor, who comes round to the house, so no getting out of it. I'm not sure I would have stuck at it without someone to give me goals to work towards, provide encouragement and also to pick up on things I'm doing wrong. There's loads of stuff online as well - I've found Scott's Bass Lessons good and might suit you if you already have some understanding of music theory.

Most of all have fun :)

[quote name='flaxholmelis' timestamp='1504002466' post='3361999']...
Actually when I say 'goals', it's more the fear of utter humiliation at my next lesson encourages me to practice more, but I didn't want to say that.
[/quote]

Understandably; it's not the sort of thing one wants posted on a public forum..! :mellow:

:lol: