Why become a member? ×

FS: Black Strat ++SOLD++
£250

For sale is a lovely Strat built from good quality components. It has a Warmoth (USA) birdseye maple neck (with a lovely large headstock) and a set of Sonic Monkey pickups, handmade by Joseph Kaye at The London Guitar Workshop/Joseph Kaye Guitars (and as used by Wilko among others). I don't know the history or the wood of the body (although it is solid wood), there are some squiggles and numbers in the neck pocket but nothing that I think means anything. Either way, it’s light and resonant. There are a couple of dinks in the finish and a split near the neck pocket (although this also is only in the finish). The pots are CTS, the switch is a CRL, the wiring is cloth covered with an orange drop capacitor installed. The bridge and neckplate are Fender. Tuners are Kluson. There is an age appropriate logo on the headstock. It’s a decent guitar which I’m selling at a bloody decent price; the neck alone, which is a thing of beauty, is more than the asking price.

[attachment=251971:IMG_3855.jpg]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1503590095' post='3359481']
Thank you gentlemen, it is indeed a lovely geetar at a rather competitive price. If I didn't have two other Strats......
[/quote]
That's a lame excuse...

Warmoth make great necks, BTW (I think the Fender logo downgrades it!); I have one which cost me almost as much as this whole guitar.