Why become a member? ×

-

Jus Lukin

Unfortunately I don't have the figures handy and my engineer would probably have to measure the unit. What I did find out is that the Rumble filter isn't really suitable for bass guitar as it was designed to reduce the body resonance of an acoustic guitar when using the SansAmp circuit. Probably around 100 Hz. The "Air" filter raises the cutoff frequency of the speaker sim in the SansAmp circuit to allow more high end for an acoustic instrument. If you want a true HP/LP filter you are better off with our Q\Strip.

[quote name='Tech21NYC' timestamp='1503585366' post='3359407']
Unfortunately I don't have the figures handy and my engineer would probably have to measure the unit. What I did find out is that the Rumble filter isn't really suitable for bass guitar as it was designed to reduce the body resonance of an acoustic guitar when using the SansAmp circuit. Probably around 100 Hz. The "Air" filter raises the cutoff frequency of the speaker sim in the SansAmp circuit to allow more high end for an acoustic instrument. If you want a true HP/LP filter you are better off with our Q\Strip.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1503591062' post='3359496']
Thanks for the quick reply.

The Q Strip does look like a cracking pre-amp!
[/quote]

I recently reviewed the Q/Strip in Guitar Interactive and have to say I was very impressed. I would like one for myself. If only we got to keep review kit!!

Jus Lukin
fx pedal rental.com have the Q strip available for rental and the new Geddy Lee pre amp. Why not give them a go? The Q strip looks like a great tool to have on a gig. Be pretty cool to demo this sort of set up before taking the plunge - having the PD/RPM and Qstrip on a board would make a pretty impressive noise!

Link is included below to fxpedalrental.com

[url="https://fxpedalrental.com/rent-preamps/tech21-sansamp-preamp.html"]https://fxpedalrenta...amp-preamp.html[/url]

Edited by krispn

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1503945481' post='3361751']
I`ve not got the answers to the specific questions but my two-pennorth is that the Para Driver is the best preamp/DI pedal I`ve ever used.
[/quote]

Completely agree Lozz, of all the various iterations of my pedal board, since I got one a few years ago, the Para Driver has always been the last thing in my chain, every time..