Why become a member? ×

raising a pedal board

john_the_bass

i need to lift my board up in the flight case maybe half an inch or so to allow clearance for straight jack plugs in and out of the fx (ie guitar in to amp out at the other end).
I was thinking of getting some sort of foam, but my concern is that it'll compress too much when i stand on an effect and will either bend the plug or be a pain in the butt cos the board moves around too much in the base of the case.

Any ideas?

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='33123' date='Jul 17 2007, 04:20 PM']i need to lift my board up in the flight case maybe half an inch or so to allow clearance for straight jack plugs in and out of the fx (ie guitar in to amp out at the other end).
I was thinking of getting some sort of foam, but my concern is that it'll compress too much when i stand on an effect and will either bend the plug or be a pain in the butt cos the board moves around too much in the base of the case.

Any ideas?[/quote]

yeah, I got same problem with the Diago board... I think I'll just get some foamboard (plenty of left-overs where I work), cut it to the size of the base of the pedal, and velcro on one side to the pedal and on the other to the pedalboard...

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='33139' date='Jul 17 2007, 04:43 PM']i might have a bash at putting something under the board so the pedals are all the same sort of height rather than having a couple at either end raised to fit the plugs in. the board on mine lifts right out of the case so it's a question of getting something to fit[/quote]

In that case, I think foam board would work great... it's light and if it's going to be under a hard board it will not give in... you can get it in 3, 5 or 10 mm (maybe others?), at A1 size that you'd cut to fit, problem is online you can usually order boxed quantities only. But I suppose in graphics or arts stores you could buy units...