Why become a member? ×

SOLD-Carvin BX700 Amp
£330

vsmith1

SOLD onBay

Price: £330 including postage to UK addresses

Carvin BX700 amp.

This is a great amp which can go down to a 2 Ohm load with a switch on the back. I cannot say that I have had a time to use this feature, but for some it will be useful. The switchable EQ sections between the GEQ and Low, Low-Mid (para), Hi-Mid (para) and High are useful and this can be done with a footswitch. A two switch footswitch with TRS lead allows controls the Mute as well as the GEQ selection, again very useful. Both switches are illuminated (blue) to show that they are engaged. Again usefully the mains connection take the usual IEC C13 (aka "kettle lead") connection and you can use a locking IEC C13 lead. There is a switchable valve in the pre-amp section. Though in overall use the amp is still lightweight.

Dimensions: 3.25 (H) x 14 (W) x 9 (D) inches
Weight: 2.65 kg
Valve: 12AX7

I have used this as my (pub covers) band amp for a few years without issue or damage. The rubber feet are all in place and there are no scratches on the front, sides or top. There are a few small scuff marks underneath. Although I have not had to drive it very high as there is loads of headroom, even with a single 8 Ohm cab, never mind two. I have used it with my Barefaced Midget and an Ashdown Mini15. I have recently had the ribbon cables and valve out to clean, so this amp sounds great. There are plenty of EQ controls to allow you to get the sound you want.

There is a review of this amp on Basschat:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/251501-carvin-bx700-bass-amp/page__hl__bx700+__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

Front view:
[attachment=252197:IMG_1875.jpg]
Rear view:
[attachment=252198:IMG_1876.jpg]

The amp will come in a sleeve and old laptop bag and the two switch footswitch. I am not including a TRS cable for the footswitch and a IEC C13 mains lead as these are very common.

Any questions please ask.

Edited by vsmith1

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' timestamp='1504027171' post='3362217']
The BX500 is meant to be great, I bet this is even better! Lot of amp for the money. GLWTS.
[/quote]

Sorry to be that guy but the BX500 is not meant to be great, IT IS GREAT!! :D :D :P :P

I have never ge the volume in my BX500 pass 9 o'clock, if I do my guitar player will die!

This one has all the goodness of the BX500 but with the added power, superb amp!

[quote name='Mcgiver69' timestamp='1504084943' post='3362507']
Sorry to be that guy but the BX500 is not meant to be great, IT IS GREAT!! :D :D :P :P

I have never ge the volume in my BX500 pass 9 o'clock, if I do my guitar player will die!

This one has all the goodness of the BX500 but with the added power, superb amp!
[/quote]
Got to say that I agree - it has lots of headroom and that's just with my BF Midget connected.

[quote name='vsmith1' timestamp='1504100252' post='3362684']
Got to say that I agree - it has lots of headroom and that's just with my BF Midget connected.
[/quote]

All I would recommend is to pair it with a more traditionally sounding cabinet as this is a very modern sounding amp; mine doesn't seem to agree with my BFM Omni which is a modern sounding cab too, but with my Warwick WC210 they balance each other very well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...