Why become a member? ×

SOLD Mike Lull M5V burst/tort/RW REDUCED TO £1400
£1600

Brother Jones

It is with great regret that I have to put this on the market. Unfortunately, it seems one side of my flat is falling down and I'm going to need a lot of cash to sort it. Not interested in trades thanks - this is sale only.

Bought from Chris B of this parish in May, this is without doubt the best Jazz 5 I've played (and I've played a few).

Specs are as follows:

- 35” neck
- Alder body and Maple neck with Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
- Seymour Duncan Custom Shop pickups
- Aguilar OBP-3 SK/PP preamp, currently running at 18v (we think it can do 9v as well)
- 21 frets
- 19mm spacing @ bridge
- nut width 1 7/8”
- weight is 8lb 11oz (3.96kg)
- Includes the original Mike Lull semi-hard case (much like the Sadowsky one)

Controls are:

- Volume (pull for passive option)
- Pan pot
- Middle (pull for frequency shift (400/800 Hz))
- Stacked bass and treble (bass at the bottom)

I was put off 35" scale for a while by another bass, but this one completely restored my faith. It has an option for the B string of through-body or conventional bridge stringing. It is almost shockingly light for a fiver (as many Lulls are). The neck is a peach, and the fretwork is the best I've ever encountered.

Its condition is completely unchanged since I bought it - in fact it hasn't left my flat. It is not perfect and has some dints and scrapes, although nothing really visible from the front. The only change is new DR nickelwounds. I'd easily put this up against an NYC Sadowsky - I prefer the more rounded feel of it, as well as the preamp.

Link to Chris's original ad, including pics here (hope you don't mind Chris):

http://basschat.co.u...e-lull-m5v-jazz

I am looking to get back the £1600 I paid for this, but very near offers will be considered because I'm looking for a rapid sale. Collection preferred (and of course welcome to try), but you're also welcome to arrange your own courier.

EDIT NOW £1400

Thanks.

Edited by Brother Jones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reduced to £1200 for rapid sale.

To reiterate some of the points I made in the original ad:

If you want this couriered, you need to arrange that yourself please.

I will not modify this bass to your demands.

This is an utterly insane price for probably the best Jazz 5 I've ever played. If it doesn't go soon I'll withdraw it - because this process has pissed me off considerably.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Brother Jones said:

BC mods - this is not a bump. Has to be said.

Incredibly, I am getting lowball offers on this.

£1200 is the price for this bass, and that's it.

I have genuinely never been more depressed by buyers' immaturity and entitlement. Please stop taking the piss.

Gutted to hear that, £1200 for a Lull is already amazing. GLWTS. 

Come on bass chatters, how can you lowball this bass?

I owned this bass for a while before selling it to Chris B about a year ago. 

It got it from a professional danish bassplayer, Christian Bak, who's photo's are

the ones still in use.

It it hadn't been for the fact that I already own two other Lull M5V's it would be back with me now.

1200 £ is 400 to 600 £ under the trading value for an instrument in the Sadowsky, Tino Tedesco, Alleva Coppolo club

of world class modern Jazz Basses.

Bargain of the Century!

DSCN0009 (1).JPG

As has already been said, this is an insanely good price for a very high quality instrument... and given that fact, it's really disappointing to hear that you're being mucked around further still by puerile lowball offers. O.o

As the site has grown over the years though, that trend has only increased unfortunately, which does make selling higher-end gear harder to sell on BC these days.

Back on the more positive side (I hope), this bass is going to make someone very happy very soon and best of luck with the sale!