Why become a member? ×

Jazz bass Deluxe Bridge

donslow

hey all, just picked up a 2001 Jazz bass deluxe bridge

this bridge was a string through only bridge, took it apart and drilled holes and now is top loading too! GREAT!!

In my haste to take this bridge apart, I didn't notice until it was time to put it back that, out of 8 height adjustment screws all are the same length bar one! one of these height adjustment screws is considerably longer, my questions

is one supposed to be longer?
were do I put it?
what does it do?

many thanks in advance

Edited by donslow

I thought the old deluxe bridges were top load or string through as standard? If it's like the bridge below the saddle screws should all be the same length so looks like one may have been changed. You can get replacements from Allparts - [url="https://www.allparts.uk.com/products/bridge-saddle-height-screws-for-bass-hex-head-us-1-2-inch"]https://www.allparts...ead-us-1-2-inch[/url]

Edited by ikay

You should have either 8 same size screws or 4 short (for E and G strings) and 4 long (for A and D strings). Having just one longer thatn the rest makes me think it's a replacement added by someone at some point, not a problem though, just use it on the A or D string as it's the saddle that may need to be raised the most.