Why become a member? ×

NSDP2: New Synth Day Part 2

bartelby

To complement the lovely smooth tones of the Moog, I ordered a Make Noise 0-Coast.

I also got a BeatStep Pro to act as a controller, it's a pretty cool piece of kit.
the only downside is I need a bigger desk!!

Now just need the free time to use it all...

I'm slowly getting to grips with it. Additive synthesis isn't something I've used much before, so it's a whole new world.
The 0-Coast is capable of making some lovely sounds, but currently takes some coaxing.
I think the biggest oddity of the synth is there's no filter. But I got this to complement the Mother 32.

My plan is that the Mother 32 will pretty much be a self contained synth, whereas the 0-Coast will be the initial sound source for a second unit and I'll acquire some more modules as time goes on. Currently thinking about the following:

Make Noise Maths
Mutable Instruments Tides
Deopfer filter of some sort.

The Plankton Ants looks like an interesting synth. Shame it's not eurorackable...

So after a quick trip to IKEA NDD happened.
The mixer is plugged into an audio interface on the other desk that's behind me.

I also discovered there's a modular synth shop near IKEA in Cardiff, so popped over for a look and to get some more patch leads.