Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Alpha Omicron launched - now with vid

fretmeister

[url="https://www.darkglass.com/creations/alpha-omicron/"]https://www.darkglas.../alpha-omicron/[/url]

Short vid for the moment, but no doubt more to come.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6LC1bXK1W0[/media]

More detailed vids are below.

Down there!

Edited by fretmeister

Ive been agonising all weekend over getting a AO or sticking with my VMT. I decided to give the VMT another go (now with my BDDI v2). Ive never really gelled with the VMT on its own, but im hoping the BDDI will liven things up.
I felt the AO was too big and i didnt need all those features.........now things might have changed again.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1504533305' post='3365486']
Not really - it does "different" to the B3K

Ok it blends 2 types of drive but so does the Duality.
[/quote]

Different things cost different amounts of money. thats just logical. The B3K cost less than the VMT, which costs less than the Ao.

Yeah i read that as well. Well will see.

Anyway, I’m tempted to give this new box a go. I really don’t like the dark tone the VMT has, and having tired the B3K sim in my Zoom B3n i dont like that as well. I do love the B7K sim but cant afford to buy one of those. I’d hope the new Ao will get close to the B7K as far as bite and brightness goes.

Don't get your hopes up. The AO is much darker than the B7K, take away that EQ and it'll be darker still. I'm sure I've said elsewhere but if you want a brighter VMT, check out the latest VMTD with the attack switch, or the Pike Vulcan (which is available to rent from a certain pedal rental company).

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1504567895' post='3365795']
Don't get your hopes up. The AO is much darker than the B7K, take away that EQ and it'll be darker still. I'm sure I've said elsewhere but if you want a brighter VMT, check out the latest VMTD with the attack switch, or the Pike Vulcan (which is available to rent from a certain pedal rental company).
[/quote]

Seconded you can get it having good attack but if you want the sharp high end in the b7k you be better of grabbing on of those.

The smaller a/o is cool but I think it shines with the eq

Thanks guys. The lack of EQ has been on my mind, but with having Eq in my amp and BDDI i was hopin gnot to have to worry about yet a 3rd set of knobs (not talking about the band :-)
Ive had the VMTD, and the VMTD 2 (not the Ultra as i had thought) but i just cant bring myself to buy another one, as they were never quite right. SO i want to get away from the VMT tone.
I cant say ive been blown away with the demos of the big AO, although I haven’t with the B7K either, but its going to be the interaction with the BDDI that will be the real test.

Gonna say something a bit controversial now,

I think there's an issue here in regards to the aomi being similar to the b3k a lot of ppl all of a sudden had the same bass drive sound, for me the aomi is great but it's still not on the level of the bigger ao

Would have preferred Doug to go down the route of splitting the two drives in to separate pedals for cheaper