Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Alpha Omicron launched - now with vid

fretmeister

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1504600049' post='3365891']
Gonna say something a bit controversial now,

I think there's an issue here in regards to the aomi being similar to the b3k a lot of ppl all of a sudden had the same bass drive sound, for me the aomi is great but it's still not on the level of the bigger ao

Would have preferred Doug to go down the route of splitting the two drives in to separate pedals for cheaper
[/quote]

Close to my opinion. But I'd like an AO Ultra but instead of one clean one dirty, it's one A and one O, with it being cascadable of flip flop switching.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1504600573' post='3365902']

This is also my thinking aswell but just don't have it priced as something stupid!
[/quote]

They'll always be high in price which is a shame. Brexit seems to have added about £50 onto the Deluxe pedals from before Brexit prices.

I think it's commercially unwise to release the Ultra AO yet - the regular one's not been out long enough. Gotta maximise the upgrades!

Cab and smaller compressor that works on 9v would be good,spose the third could be mundane, like an etched-design AO, or a rack-mount for the Amp.

[quote name='Daz39' timestamp='1504615212' post='3366056']
I think it's commercially unwise to release the Ultra AO yet - the regular one's not been out long enough. Gotta maximise the upgrades!

Cab and smaller compressor that works on 9v would be good,spose the third could be mundane, like an etched-design AO, or a rack-mount for the Amp.
[/quote]

The current comp is 9V.

Cabs we know about, AOm wasn't totally unexpected and certainly more expected than an Ultra version at this point.

I think a smaller amp might be in the pipeline myself but Doug has been teasing something microprocessor based for a while. I'd put my money on a microtubes engine-ish preamp with presets (with AO? Maybe would cannibalise the rest of the product range too much for comfort though). Guess we'll have to wait and see! It'll be interesting to see whether he spreads the 4 announcements across the month...

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1505231410' post='3370406']
I returned the Duality I bought due to the lack of EQ... Tonal character was just too different from my clean tone. Not interested in this one for the same reason.
[/quote]

have you tried the A/O?

for me with the two separate sounds for the drive and the to eq switches there is more eq options even with out the eq of its big bro but for me im still with you i dnt set my A/O anywhere near flat (eq all at noon) so for me this is aimed at some one who probs already has a b7k or sansamp for tone shaping. however i do think a tone knob or some form of eq control would be nice on the smaller darkglass pedals.