Why become a member? ×

*** Feeler *** FS - Ampeg SVT-IIP valve preamp
£295

Hazy Bass

Thinking about moving this on, as I'm just not using it enough and it really shouldn't just be lying around gathering dust!

I've had it about 3 years if I remember correctly, and as far as I know it dates for around the early 1990s. Had it serviced by a local amp tech when I first got it and all appears to be working fine, however I have one or two observations ...

With the 'Ultra Low' switched in the effect is more of a mid scoop than a low boost to my ears ... I have no idea if this is how it would have sounded when new or whether something has changed over the years.

Neither the 'Bright' input or the 'Ultra Hi' setting seems to make much audible difference to me (but then my ears are not as sharp in the upper registers as they used to be :lol:) ... again, I have no idea if this is as it would have been when new. Also none of my bass cabs has a tweeter, so some of the high frequency resonance will be lost.

Overall sound is just sweet Ampeg valve warmth, with lots of EQ options and a large range of possible sounds. For a couple of years I used it as my main gigging rig, powered with a Peavey IPR-1600 PA amp and the sound was huge! I've since scaled down a little bit though to something a little bit more compact.

Overall condition is good, but it's around 25 years old so there are a few marks around the casing, but nothing significant.

Now £275 inc UK delivery (appropriate reduction if collected).

No trades please - I've bought too much lately, and I have a large tax bill to pay! :( ... But feel free to make offers via PM

[attachment=252861:svtIIp01.jpg]

[attachment=252862:svtIIp02.jpg]

[attachment=252863:svtIIp03.jpg]

[attachment=252864:svtIIp04.jpg]

[attachment=252865:svtIIp05.jpg]

Edited by Hazy Bass

Nice! That's a cleaner example than mine. These things sound amazing and are whisper-quiet in the studio thanks to the tiny 'hum balance' control on the back. The EQ channel is foot switchable too.

Edited by paul_5

• 3 weeks later...