Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Ashdown "Drophead" 30 + 115cab -
£800

Rabbie

£600 ONLY UNTIL MONDAY (RRP 1.4K I think, if not more).
The sweetest combo right here for the price of a much lesser unit. And it's new. (New old stock from Ashdown).

Never been out of the house cause I play double bass and god knows why I bought this.
I would guess this is the perfect studio amp, but would also do an awesome job in most gigs I can think of, including stadiums, due to the DI output in the back.
If you want a brilliant flip top, this is the best you can do short of spending lots more cash on an heritage or custom thingy...
It comes with an Ashdown logo which is new but arrived to me detatched from the grill. I kept it that way 'cause it looks even more vintage cool. It also has a bery useful Roqsolid cover that protects it but doesn't quite fit it perfectly because it was for another cab i used to have.
It's on eBay reluctantly because slow selling here, so if it goes it's gone. I realise it's not a modern concept of amplification but surely tone counts for something still...(I say to myself while I log double basses around).

Here is the blurb from Ashdown:
Based on the CTM-30 head, the Drophead 30 C115H brings classic all-tube tone in a gorgeous retro combo format that's perfectly suited to studio recording and small gigs, pairing the all-valve CTM-30 amp with a boutique-style 1x15” + HF horn cabinet.

[b]Powerful preamp and EQ[/b]

Equipped with hi and low inputs for active or passive basses, CTM-30 combines traditional Bass, Mid and Treble EQ with additional flexibility of Mid Shift, Bass Shift and Bright Switching, unlocking a wide range of classic and contemporary all-tube tone from its ECC83 and ECC82 preamp tubes and smooth but powerful 30W EL84 power section.

[b]Balanced DI [/b]

With it's modest 30W output, we've included a balanced DI, perfect for studio recording or for larger gigs where you need to get pure DI signal to the desk with a minimum of hassle.

[b]Effects loop[/b]

For effects junkies who want to bring yet more colour to the tone, the front-mounted effects loop makes it easy integrate your favourite stompbox and multi-effects with minimal tonal degradation.

[b]Flip it up – rip it up[/b]

Dropheads are cool. When you're ready to play, simply un-clip the top, flip the amp head into position, clip it back down, plug in and let the tone come forth.
Power Output 30W Speaker Outputs Jack Sockets Frequency Response 30Hz to 16Khz High Instrument Input 450 MV Low Instrument Input 150 MV DI Output Line level -1K Impedance Minimum Load 4 Ohms EQ Simple Passive Bass Middle Treble EQ Rotary controls. Effects Send Valve Driven Inst Level Effects Return Valve Recovered Pre-Amp Tubes 1 X ECC83 1 X ECC82 Output Tubes 4 x EL84

I welcome sensible offers. Thank you

Edited by Rabbie

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1504679174' post='3366449']
SO.MUCH.WANT.
[/quote]
You can get it if you really want (x3)
but you must try...
Try and try...
Try and try....
You'll succeed at last!
(Sorry folks, a bout of Jimmy-Cliff-itis)

[quote name='Rabbie' timestamp='1504693509' post='3366577']
You can get it if you really want (x3)
but you must try...
Try and try...
Try and try....
You'll succeed at last!
(Sorry folks, a bout of Jimmy-Cliff-itis)
[/quote]

I was going to counter with some Simply Red... but I can't bring myself to...

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1504693802' post='3366579']

I was going to counter with some Simply Red... but I can't bring myself to...
[/quote]
thank you. Very wise, or this whole thing could turn Lionel Messi. Let's keep it about the amp. Which is awesome.

[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1506934333' post='3382011']
My SWL is 20Kg..... even with the castors there’s the car in/out lift. Thanks GLWTS
[/quote]
Sure thing. It's surprisingly manageable but still not the amp you'd be wanting to run around the festival field with.

Bump for final price cut. £650 is a very good price. Posted to he UK: bargain! This thing retailed for $2670 according to the only bass magazine review I could find...

Edited by Rabbie

Couple of people asked for the head only: if I split, would I be left with a weird looking cab with a lid or do people reckon I may be able to sell it? Frankly I'd prefer to shift the whole unit at one time so fingers crossed someone soon is lookong for awesome valve tone in one cool package...
I take Double basses and related stuff as part exchange...

Edited by Rabbie