Why become a member? ×

Compact amps with 2 ohm, or 2 x 4 ohm outputs - suggestions?

lowregisterhead

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1504808959' post='3367533']

I looked at the Darkglass, but I was slightly put off by the emphasis on distortion settings. Not to say it wouldn't do crystal clear, so it certainly warrants more research.
[/quote]

It will do proper clean piano tone. I like that tone too.

As it happens I often still put one of the drive circuits on but at almost zero drive - seems to add something I like without driving it.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1504808682' post='3367527']
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've never got on with Boogies for some reason, too 'rock' tone-wise in my (admittedly limited) experience.
[/quote]

well, you could do worse than having a try yourself... the Mesa D800 (or better the D800+!) is a great amp, and very versatile. Try one if you can, I think you might change your mind about the 'too rock' vibe!

I prefer the D800+ because the built-in adjustable HPF is a great addition and worth the extra cost alone. I play mostly ska and funk and it works very well for both styles.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1505501766' post='3372481']

well, you could do worse than having a try yourself... the Mesa D800 (or better the D800+!) is a great amp, and very versatile. Try one if you can, I think you might change your mind about the 'too rock' vibe!

I prefer the D800+ because the built-in adjustable HPF is a great addition and worth the extra cost alone. I play mostly ska and funk and it works very well for both styles.
[/quote]

Thanks for the recommendation, but too late I'm afraid - I bought an Eich T1000. It's very nice! :)