Why become a member? ×

Backache - I may need something lighter

geoham

[quote name='geoham' timestamp='1504870287' post='3367885'] I've only had this for a couple of weeks - There's a bit of a correlation in that it's at its worst the day after a gig or rehearsal then gets better for a day or two afterwards. I know that speaking to a doctor would be best - I think I'll get something booked soon if this doesn't go away! Cheers, George [/quote]

Best of luck.

My Maruszyck Elwood L 5 weighs just 3.4kg (7.5lbs) and is really versatile

[attachment=253167:21390614_10154688212496372_1938782146_o.jpg]

That said, i genuinely think core strengthening and fitness could be well worth looking at first as that can improve life in general as well as your playing experience.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1504883158' post='3368058']
My Maruszyck Elwood L 5 weighs just 3.4kg (7.5lbs) and is really versatile

[attachment=253167:21390614_10154688212496372_1938782146_o.jpg]

That said, i genuinely think core strengthening and fitness could be well worth looking at first as that can improve life in general as well as your playing experience.
[/quote]

That is a great looking bass... but I agree, probably a good time to be sensible rather than buy another bass!

Edited by geoham

I have a Dingwall NG2 5 string and its by far the lightest bass i have.
I was suffering from a shoulder and chest ache last year and tried the duo strap idea for a while. That helped by spreading the load evenly across both shoulders.
Not sure if that would help lower back but was thinking that if weight is on one shoulder you may be twisting the spine a bit to compensate.
Just a theory mind but you can rig up a similar strap by using 2 cheapo straps across each shoulder just to try it.

Failing that i would do the exercise thing and strengthen your core. That usually works for me and then i get lazy again and the aches return and its a vicious cycle :lol:

Few back and stomach exercises should benefit you no matter what.

Dave

My back pain issues aren't weight related, so may not be relevant, but I use a stool on stage (not all the time, but it's always there if I need it). You might try sitting down when the pain starts kicking in, and if it helps, look at getting a stool (Kinsman/Harley Benton - incorporate a guitar stand too).

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1505005223' post='3368830']
My back pain issues aren't weight related, so may not be relevant, but I use a stool on stage (not all the time, but it's always there if I need it). You might try sitting down when the pain starts kicking in, and if it helps, look at getting a stool (Kinsman/Harley Benton - incorporate a guitar stand too).
[/quote]

Interesting.

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_guitar_stool.htm"]https://www.thomann.d...uitar_stool.htm[/url]