Why become a member? ×

Any G&L L2500s in Glasgow/central belt?

countjodius

Hi all,

I'm really interested in an L2500 as I love the L2000, but would like to try before I buy as I'm not sure that I'd get on with the string spacing. Are there any proud owners of an L2500 in Glasgow or close by that wouldn't mind me trying their G&L baby? A box of beer and some in depth bass chat for any generous volunteers! Haha

I switch between an L2500 and L2000. The spacing is 17.5mm vs 19mm. I love the 17.5 for string skipping and fast finger work e.g. Aerosmith's Toys in the Attic. I don't really think about it much. USA L2500 is one of the best instruments I've ever owned and I've had a lot.

[quote name='countjodius' timestamp='1505674419' post='3373502']
Interesting to hear Sean. How do you find slap, double thumbing and such on the L2500? Worried that big hands plus being used to Lakland fiver necks would make the spacing feel pretty tight!
[/quote]

I don't do much of that. I play fingerstyle and pick. I only slap on Aerosmith's Elevator and that's not an issue at all. The only answer is having a go. Hopefully one will turn up soon.

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1505857053' post='3374862']
I don't do much of that. I play fingerstyle and pick. I only slap on Aerosmith's Elevator and that's not an issue at all. The only answer is having a go. Hopefully one will turn up soon.
[/quote]
Fingers crossed!

[quote name='thepurpleblob' timestamp='1505683981' post='3373590']
I used to have one. Lovely neck but I could never get on with the narrow spacing. It's quite similar to the StingRay 5-string in many ways. Which I also didn't get on with. It was after those two that I realised I only liked 19mm spacing!
[/quote]

I have a feeling that I'll be in the same boat, so am keen to try before committing. An L2500 with 19mm spacing would be a game changer!