Why become a member? ×

Hartke hydrive 410?

TRBboy

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Hartke hydrive 410 cab? It seems like a really good cab, and Vbic certainly likes them, but grateful for any opinions you guys can share. :D

Eyeing one up to go with my shuttle 9.2, seems like it should be a good pairing on paper.....

Thanks guys! :D

They're great cabs. Fairly lightweight, robust. The horn function, while basic, works well to pick up high frequencies. I think the rating is 1000w.

I pair mine with the matched 2x10 for different applcations.

Both my cabs are on the sale board; I won Barefaced cab last year and that's become my go to enclosure.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1505021581' post='3368851']
They're great cabs. Fairly lightweight, robust. The horn function, while basic, works well to pick up high frequencies. I think the rating is 1000w.

Both my cabs are on the sale board; I won Barefaced cab last year and that's become my go to enclosure.
[/quote]

They do seem very good, do they actually 'sound' good?

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1505021581' post='3368851']

[/quote]
[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1505034132' post='3368925']
[/quote]

They do, I heard this very rig a few years ago at an SE Bass Bash and it was probably my fave sound of the day - tight, focused, but not lacking in any lows at all.

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1505034132' post='3368925']
[/quote]

Now I'm on a PC I can type a bit better.

Yep, they sound great (and this isn't a sales pitch!). On occasion, when we've headlined gigs, my backline seems to be the one that gets used by everyone. Nothing but positive comments; they've had every type of bass styling pushed through them, rock, jazz, metal and they don't seem to have issue.

I started with a 1x15 and a 4x10; both Hydrives, I really didn't get on with the 15...very scooped mids and it didn't seem to move much air. Stuck with the 4x10 and then added a 2x10 so I could run a dual channel application or daisychain them. (With my sale, you could pick up a 410 and a 210 for quite a bit less than a new 410). The only thing I've needed to so was to put some new wheels on the 4x10.

Last year, I won Alex's prototype Barefaced Big One and the 15/6 configuration in one package just suits my tone a little better so the Hartke's are currently surplus to requirement.

They're well worth a look.
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

I owned one for a couple of years and it was only replaced by the much larger Markbass std104hf. As a sealed cab the hydrive 410 has a more controlled bass response which was great. They are fairly efficient tòo so I wouldn't worry about having enough amp, 300 watts will be plenty. If you need more volume just get another hydrive 410.

Well, been and picked it up this evening! Couldn't crank it in the guy's house at 9pm on a school night but seems pretty good! Nice and tight and punchy. Did tweak it up loud for a second just to make sure the speakers were okay. Band rehearsal on weds will be the real test!

Very impressed with how light and compact it is, a far cry from my old trace elliot cabs!

Thanks for your help all! :)