Why become a member? ×

Marcus Millers worst gig.

bubinga5

Had the pleasure of seing Marcus on his Renaissance tour and it was one of the greatest gigs ive been to in my life even though at that stage I had never heard that album. The accompanying musicians were phenomonal and what a treat for them to play with Marcus. Marcus was very happy for them to have the limelight and support them rather than vice versa.
The only bass vituoso whose music I enjoy!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1505465714' post='3372060']
Finally! Thank you.
[/quote]

That'll be why you no longer have a tone knob as your avatar then. I keep thinking I can see Chief Ironside out the corner of my eye looking sideways at me.

Cool selfie.

[attachment=253654:RaymondBurr.jpg]

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1505465270' post='3372058']
It's in the player's hands/brain. That's why we are wasting our money buying instruments and kit trying to get 'that' sound.
[/quote]
I agree with the first part, but not 100% on the 2nd part. Listen to when the presenter tries slapping, it still has a good sound.
If it were the case, why bother getting a Fender USA over a Squier or going for a better sounding bass rig? It's a mix of player & instrument.
Yes, a great player can make just about any instrument sound good, but if the instrument's tone sounds crap to start with, then I believe they will struggle.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1505154264' post='3369889']
The host is just awful. At the end, Marcus is not sure what to make of this guy and then the hosts gets emotional after his wonderful singing. Bizarre.
[/quote]

Artists have to get up to all sorts of weird stuff on the continent, but they get well looked after and it all helps put bums on seats.

As for the host being awful, I actually thought it was pretty cool that he (or the production team) even considered having Miller as a featured guest, and to then do a whole piece explaining the bass's role to an audience of ordinary punters.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1505470109' post='3372119']
As for the host being awful, I actually thought it was pretty cool that he (or the production team) even considered having Miller as a featured guest, and to then do a whole piece explaining the bass's role to an audience of ordinary punters.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. Occasionally they have things like this on the ‘One Show’.
They did something similar with Pino and ‘That Intro’ (although pre recorded).

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1505470804' post='3372124']
Yeah, I agree. Occasionally they have things like this on the ‘One Show’.
They did something similar with Pino and ‘That Intro’ (although pre recorded).
[/quote]

Those mini documentaries that Carrie Grant does every now and then? Yes, great little pieces.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1505468045' post='3372098']
Weirdly it does look a bit like me, but it's the young Orson Welles.
[/quote]

Dang! Have you caused any national scares recently by dramatising a version of a well loved H.G.Wells story on radio recently?

Well well well.

The Marcus clip was cringeworthy through no fault of the foreign language presenter. He handled it nicely.